Afa Convention

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Michael Allen, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

Anyone from here going?
    I know its close to Craig and Mitch's contest.

I am heading out but just doing the draft class. By the time i decided to go I didn't have enough time to get hammered up. I also didn't want to drive that far with all my gear. That is were Craig has other contest beat, hands down.
  2. Offline

Eric Russell Guest

I'm not heading there. Since the wcb started I haven't gone to any other contests. The thought of loading a bunch of stuff in the back of my truck makes me cringe. Good luck down there. Who's your partner?
  3. Offline

We have started a local deal through our association. 4 contest and the high point winner gets entry paid to convention. Brian Buckner won and asked me to go as his partner. I think he is paying someone to rent an anvil. So we are both flying in and meeting and staying with Vern.

Our goal in the RMFA is to get a local member on the team. Brian has a good shot I think. so I am trying to not be the weak link.
  4. Offline

Box Forge New Member

I will be at the convention all week and hope to meet ya while you're down. Are you going to be around for most of the convention or just for the two-man?
  5. Offline

I fly in on the 29th late I will be out for three days . I leave Saturday at 12. Are you compeating?
    Lets grab a cup of coffee.
  6. Offline

Box Forge New Member

Not this year. I am on the coordinating committee so you might say I am one of the grunts that are gonna be running all over the place trying to make it happen. I will be there from Monday morning until late Saturday night so definitely give me a shout. 334-740-4455 I think I will be working around the competition when it is going on so I may see ya out there. The facility is a pretty cool setup and everything will be close together.
  7. Offline

Will it be easy to get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel/convention area?
  8. Offline

Box Forge New Member

I think there are supposed to be shuttles designated just for that, Michael. It shouldn't be a problem.
  9. Offline

vthorseshoe Active Member

My best friend Mark Schneider and past President of Vermont Farriers Association is coming down. He is in Kentucky at the moment practicing with Ben Mandigen (spelling)
    He is going for the AFA team this year. He tried last year barely missed out .
    He is a young pup and just plain cool. You can't help but not like him from the minute you meet him.

Good luck to all ..