AFA Pictures for Brian Byrd

Discussion in 'Horseshoeing Competitions and Handmade Horseshoes' started by dana fenn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Offline

dana fenn It's complicated . . . .

Pictures for Brian Byrd. I let him give you the details. :)

Attached Files:

2. Offline

And the rest of them.

Attached Files:

3. Offline

And the last of them.

Attached Files:

4. Offline

Say, Ray? any idea why the pictures didn't show up on here? i clicked for full size but not even the thumb nail shows up?
  5. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Dana, the files are somehow corrupted as they do not meet the .jpg standard. You could fix that by opening them in Photoshop and saving them to a different name.
    test.jpg

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      89.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Offline

I had the same problem with corrupted files with trying to post brian robertsons?? is it Apple/mac going to my PC?? would that be doing it? i even had my sister trying to help me and she's a die hard mac kind of people and still got the same message?
  7. Offline

It is probably a defect in the Samsung SPH-D700 phone used to take the pictures.
  8. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Was it a competition or certification the shoes were made for. Very nice scotch heeled shoe in there.
  9. Offline

At the AFA convention only the written exam portion of the certification is administered and that is not something that is promoted as part of the convention. The forging competition is very well promoted and the AFA international competition team is selected from the top competitors, who are already CJF certified (my understanding is that a CJF+2yrs experience is required if they are going to compete on the team in the UK on live horses.)

In my opinion the AFA places emphasis on the forging competition at the expense of emphasis on their certification program. I would argue that many more farriers, especially those who are just starting out, would benefit greatly if their time at the convention was spent in the fire working hands-on with the top forging competitors learning how to do shoe mods and build better shoes in preparation for the certification exams. Watch and learn doesn't come close to do and learn.
  10. Offline

Brian Byrd New Member

The pic with the kid in it was at the "hands on" forging clinic. Everyone had a chance to work on forging skills with the AFA team members .
  11. Offline

BRAVO!!! In that case can I expect that everyone that went to the convention un-certified will be in the next wave of certified farriers with excellent shoe displays in the near future?
  12. Offline

Brian Byrd New Member

Hell yes ! I'm sure every un certified farrier is at home right now burning up boxes of shoes getting there shoe display ready ..........
    I guess if you can't learn something at the convention its your own fault.
  13. Offline

LOL! That would indeed be an inspiration.

Well with the AAPF selling phony "accreditation" without validation, and the AFA caving in on having the convention "officially recognized" by that outfit, I'm beginning to wonder if all that's necessary to be regarded as "learning something" is making an appearance.