Congrats Aussies!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Geist, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Offline

George Geist Active Member

2. Offline

david a hall Moderator

George I think it will be one Luke doesnt want to remember, Nothing wrong with the Horse but what was the jockey thinking of? Mr Moody was not pleased.
  3. Offline

david a hall Moderator

In the speach afterwards he was full of remorse and said he hoped his brain fade didnt detract from
    a great race. Bottom line was he got caught napping, thank the lord he got away with it. on the plus side Europes best were very close to her.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Offline

david a hall Moderator

I wonder, there is a million pound bonus for winning three classics on different continents. She has two already.
  5. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

They say she pulled up a bit sore.
  6. Offline

david a hall Moderator

She did a trot up past the stands and a couple of laps of the parade ring after, she looked okay to me.
  7. Offline

Susan Holden Member

What a girl!! That jockey nearly lost it for her. Wonder what the margin would have been if he rode her out at the end.

I've seen her a few times on tv where she's been off. Maybe at the end of the race she was still looking ok due to adrenaline and being hot and cooled down sore?

Mal wants to know is that the equivalent of the Melbourne Cup?
  8. Offline

jack mac Guest

On a good track they wouldn't of got with in 6 lengths her. That track if it was over here would have been ratted as slow 7. They haven't & wouldn't ever of run her on a track rated slow7 here in Australia. To win on a track that did not suit her in any way is a great run. The race after her's . The winner run a faster time down the opposite side of the track. That tells me it was very soft in places & running line could win you or lose you a race .
    • Fast 1 A dry hard track
    • Good 2 A firm track
    • Good 3 Ideal track with some give
    • Dead 4 Track with give, better side of Dead
    • Dead 5 Significant amount of give, worse side of Dead
    • Slow 6 A mildly rain affected track, better side of Slow
    • Slow 7 Rain affected, worse side of Slow
    • Heavy 8 Soft track, just into Heavy range
    • Heavy 9 Very soft, genuine Heavy
    • Heavy 10 Very soft and wet, heaviest category
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

How does she compare to our Zenyatta?
  10. Offline

jack mac Guest

And I wouldn't be to harsh on the jockeys ride . He would of been told not to push her to hard. Just do enough to win the race grab the Pom's money & bugger off back to Australia.
  11. Offline

jack mac Guest

Its a big risk taking horse's to anther country's to race. Different rules . type of track surface . climate . Use of Tonics !!!! we don't use over here ;). No one's gone to do you any favours in America . If it means beating America at something. Zenyatta is anther freakish horse. you cant compare freakish horses. Because you can't predict how big hearted a run they will put in on race day. When all looks lost 400 meters from the winning post .
  12. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

impressive on that going as Jack said several lengths difference and with the indifferent riding could have been the proverbial mile . ascot does hace its boggy patches
  13. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Jack it is without the best horse in the world. But dont defend the riding of it, Luke didnt, At 6 to 1 on there was plenty of punters money on it and they all deserved better. He didnt have to ride the legs off it but he did have to ride it. You could of lived off his wages for that race for the last decade, payed because of his judgement which he knew and mr Moody knew was lacking. He cocked up and publicaly admitted it. Ask me if I feel sorry for him and the answer is yes. what should of beena great day for him will have him cringing.
  14. Offline

More on BC being a bit sore: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...n-at-royal-ascot/story-fn67siys-1226406958515

15. Offline

Susan Holden Member

They had her on 60 mins last night and showed her working lightly before the race. She wasn't sound then!

She must have a lot of heart!
  16. Offline

Just heard on the radio, it might be all over for BC. Sounds like she'll go to stud now.

Bugger!
  17. Offline

Mal Nicholson New Member

Wot wood you put her to???
  18. Offline

They'd have to spend up on the sire and go for the >$1,000.000 yearling wouldn't they.
  19. Offline

jack mac Guest