Deniox shoes

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Zach's Horseshoeing, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

So what do yall think of the deniox shoe??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Whats the new Fad this week?
  3. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

I don't kno if its a fad just alot of vets rec amending them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Which one are they recommending he has a few difernt types designed
  5. Offline

Gabino Active Member

sans3.JPG
    Jean Marie Denoix don't make shoes. A fabric of shoes makes ortopedic shoes with the advices of Denoix,like Jim Blurton's shoes,Jim Poor¡s tools,etc. In the trade there is the same shoes more cheaps than Denoix's shoes.

This shoe for the suspensor ligament disease, Denoix tell him "Suspensorix" (Asterix and Obelix reference),but Colleoni sales him 30% more cheaps.You can forge him too.The "Denoix issue" is an concept of shoeing,not one mark of shoes.
  6. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

That one heel doesn't look covered like the other, and I seem to have better luck with support behind the bulbs with suspensory issues? Eggbars work well for me..what do they feel works with all the alum up front? Thanks for your rely.
  7. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Denoix's theory is to float the toe (holding it on top of the ground) and allowing the heels to sink in.
  8. Offline

Platerforge Guest

I have a client that has collateral ligament damage........I wanted to put the Denoix Collateral ligament shoe on and a Denoix flat plate on the other foot. the vet [who is excellent and top in the field around here] is in agreement with me; but the new shoer where the horse has gone for rehab; is not so sure.
    he take on this shoe is:-- it is that it depends on the footing and that the wider side can jam up the joints on the outside with this shoe;
    anyone have any takes on this??? he not a fan of this shoe. not sure why?
    I am not sure; since I will be 2nd shoer on this now. this gentleman is a top farrier too, and I respect his knowledge; so I want to go down and consult with him in a few weeks
    Anyone have used these shoes and can tell me what to look for?
    with this knowledge and what the farrier says and the vet says; will give me a good understanding on what I will be dealing with; when this horse comes home to me to aftercare.
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

is the horse sound? and why this choice of shoe? what was the lameness?
  10. Offline

aliciathompson Member

Hey Gary maybe you can explain why eggbars work for suspensory injuries in your cases.
    I understand why they would help flexor issues but I just cannot see the rational for using them on an injured suspensory.

I have a jumper in them now that has an old healed suspensory injury and he has been in egg bars ever since. I have just been maintaining him in these because he came in them but I can't help suspecting they really are not helping anything, and to be honest my understanding of suspensory issues is allowing the heels to sink and toe to float is more protective. (heels sink down in the footing allowing the pastern to stay up(keeping the fetlock at a more closed/acute angle) shifting stress at full exertion to the flexors off the suspensory)
  11. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Was instructed my Al Pinson that way and has always proven very helpful..you have to remember that some of the vets around here call for wedges and that to me seems to put more pressure on the suspensories across the pasterns. They will bulge when the heels are risen...I do really roll or even put a square toe on some cases with a low hoof capsule to start with..ie long toe low heels..If you can get your eyes on some photos of limbs under complete load where the pasterns are level with the ground and the shapes of the hoof capsules it gives me a better idea of the stress spots under load?. I will add that the condition of the ground , whether deep sugar sand, or blackland hard as concrete..
  12. Offline

aliciathompson Member

Raising heels for suspensory injuries should cause issues because it shifts the strain off the ddft onto the suspensory ligament. That is sort of why I don't get why eggbars are ever recomended in theory they sould do the exact same thing when a horse is in motion.

I am going to expland on why the eggbar thing confusses me. Give additional float to the back of the hoof and you reduce the limbs ability to disipate force by allowing the heels to sink. If they cannot sink the coffin bone and hoof stay upright, yet that energy still moves down but now it is transfered to the next place that can flex which is the pastern so as a result it drop closer to the footing, causing the branches of the suspensories to be pulled tight, basically creating the exact oposite of what we should be doing to protect a suspensory ligament.

Maybe I need to watch videos of full extension on soft vs hard footing to see why eggbars are used.
  13. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Gary you are enough time in the forums for to distinguish a bad camera angle than a bad fix shoe.Do you believe I could fix a shoe whit uncovered heel?(n)
  14. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Not..the horse is lame,of course. I never fix a ortopedic shoe in a sound horse. The horse has desmitis of medial branch of suspensory ligament. The shoe is recommended for Jean Marie Denoix for this disease type.
  15. Offline

Platerforge Guest

maybe use on of these shoes?.............they can made to out of steel as well.
  16. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

That would be one hell of a toe weight if ya made it in steel though
  17. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

I can see you have attempted to widen that one heel but looking at the central sulcus, is it the camera angle?
  18. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

not if you use light steel lol
  19. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

yes i would agree with Gary
    also the shoe aint plum on the foot
  20. Offline

Donnie Walker Member