hello?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by monty.styron, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

I see between 3 and 10 members no here every time i log on yet only a fue post. whats the deal ?Where did Ron Alders, Ray Knightly ,eric,Red and all the rest go ? Heck even Travis and Jack were interesting. If you wont post for a reason mabe there should be a thread to find out why.
  2. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

They are all intimidated by our whit.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

Mike Lawrence Member

I think your key stroke was a little high when you hit the w for whit.
  4. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Very good one outa you Mike. If we could only get a dollar a pound for the stuff we put out on here.
  5. Offline

Mike Lawrence Member

[quyeah e="Bill Adams, post: 31685, member: 59"]Very good one outa you Mike. If we could only get a dollar a pound for the stuff we put out on here.[/quote]
    Oh yeah I'm full of whit!
  6. Offline

Lol hada lot of hurry up and wate today .dont take a day off often .every time i checked this there was a herd of members at the bottom of the page yet once agen its the same fue?
  7. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Lots of people are afraid of saying something stupid on an open forum. I, obviously, am not one of them. :D I've seen me do it.

Regards
  8. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Whats to be afraid of , its what we do every day
    nobody knows it all, we all know a little bit about this thing of shoeing horses
    some get by a bit better than others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Stupid!

Did someone call me!

Ray
  10. Offline

Ask a question and look stupid for a moment or don't and continue to be stumped.sometimes even a dumb question will make a intelligent person think.
  11. Offline

On the other hand manny a smart men have ben stoned to death for asking a heard of fools a question they couldent answer.
    Any one seen my rocks:)
  12. Offline

appaloosa 64 New Member

Monty in reply to your original post. The reason I have not posted anything lately (not that I post much) is that I was taught if you do not have something good or positive to say, zip it, but here goes. Jan. 11, 5:30 am -30c my wife wakes me up the house is on fire. Thank god for fire extinguishers and the rural fire department, saved most of our possibles but the house is toast in more ways than one, (electrical in the attic). Moved most of everything into three stock trailers right away then purchased a 40' sea can to store it in. Moving in and unloading it Jan. 18 (temperature had gone to +6c for a week day after the fire), I slipped on the ice and broke my ankle. So trying to get life back into some semblance of order is taking its time, i.e. place to live, 20 horses to look after, get someone to look after farrier work (thank god its slow now). I visit the site sometimes to get a respite from life and see what is happening, January was not a good month and Sundays are now cancelled, I wish someone had told me when I broke a mirror or walked under the black cat ladder:(. Rob Johnson
  13. Offline

gary evans old and slow

Jeez rob, rough time. I hope things turn round for you soon.
  14. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Well Rob, my life just began looking not so bad. Are there things you need that we here could help with? Other fellows have suffered loss that the folk here have been able to provide for. Where about are you?
  15. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Yes, anything we can do, let's us know
  16. Offline

Bad times make a man apprishieat the good times more when they come back around and they allways do .Keep your chin up and let us know if theres anything we can do.
  17. Offline

I have to wonder if there would be more partisipation on this forum if it were possoble for people to submit pics of there work anonymously for critique. Criticisom even when its constructive can be hard on the ego and potentuly a young mans business. What do you all think?
  18. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

I think if they aren't willing to own their work and have it critiqued, they wouldn't post anonymously either. This forum is just like any other group. You will have people come and go but it's always the same core group of people that participate. When we have farrier get togethers in my area it's always the same five or six of us that show up. It took me a long time to get over not wanting to show my work. I finally realized that is how you learn. People need to learn to drop their egos and take the bad criticism along with the good, especially the young guys. I was that way myself. I didn't want anyone to see my work because I didn't want anyone telling me I did something wrong. Besides I knew everything there was to know back in those days anyway. It's amazing how much I have "forgotten" since then.
  19. Offline

Some of them may post more often to :) a lot can be lurned from others work .good and bad and a lot of times its every one except the person who post that pick things up. I think its worth a try .
  20. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Anything is worth a try.