Hoofcare and Lameness Magazine What's Up?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PATRICK FALVEY AFA CF, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Offline

PATRICK FALVEY AFA CF New Member

Hello,

I have a bone to pick.

Around mid august I subscribed for a years Hoofcare and Lameness Mag subscription. Paying $81 for a year's subscription, thru paypal, including an offer of a book, to hoofcare publishing. Under an advertised promise on the hoofcare website (not the blog) with any subscription paid, of a current copy of the mag (issue #79 I believe) and the book.

I checked my bank and the money was paid to their account. I waited. I waited. I sent an email and called the office asking had they got my money. And waited........

Several times more emails and calls to fran's offcie number, and no reply, no call. Beginning to be a little cheesed off with this sort of silliness. How hard is it?.

What copy of this magazine do you guys currently have?. How is your subscription going?.

I am only posting this here because I have heard absolutely nothing back from these people. I am not trying to be political, just common business practice would suffice thanks.

Regards,
    Paddy Falvey CF
  2. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

Paddy, same exact thing happened to me. She stole my money, and she stoled yours. She gets by with it, cause nobody does anything about it. I filed a complaint with the state, and the Better Business Bureau. They could not get a hold of her either. Oh I did get a hold of her one time and she flat told me she doesn't give refunds. She's a crook plain and simple she's done it to several people. Basically I was told by the state, If I wanted to fly over and contest it in court. I said no, because my plane ticket would've been more than the subscription.

Cody Gilreath, CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

Hey Paddy how are ya! Your not the first and probably not the last. That's the way she does business. One good thing is you used PayPal to pay, you should be able to file a complaint with them and get your money back hopefully.

Now George is going to come on and post what a great person she is and how she does so much for the industry, but she is a crook.

I think there is a thread or two on here already about the same thing.
  4. Offline

scruggs1 Active Member

I got the shaft from her too...ordered a subscription years ago. Got one issue. Left several messages and all went unanswered.
  5. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I paid for a two year subscription a few years ago. Never received an issue. Sorry Paddy. The best we can do is spread the word so that no one else gets taken. The Paypal options sounds like a possibility, they're pretty good about stuff like that. I wish I had used Paypal instead of a check.

Regards
  6. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

2003:D:LOL::LOL:
  7. Offline

Mr Perry - 2003 .......

Hang on that's nigh on 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!.

What a scam !!!!!!!.
  8. Offline

NewsFlash -

Just called Fran and she replied!.

Apparently everyhting is OK and and the magazine and book will be sent. They are re-organising and everything is OK.

So I guess everbody will get there subscription and entitled magazine then?.

I will post immediately I receive anything.

Regards,

paddy falvey
  9. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

glad you got resolution.
  10. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

Yea, she told me that a couple of years ago too. Still never got an issue!!

Cody Gilreath, CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Paddy, ya got took. Fran is a crook.
  12. Offline

George Spear Member

I have not recieved an issue in many many years. But her blog is free.
  13. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Apparently one must be exceptionally attractive to have women respond. I got two issues.
  14. Offline

john mc loughlin Member

Speaking of mags every year at our AGM the topic of what mag
    will we go with down the years we have tried 2/3

we are currently useing the AFJ Mag
    but for me i dont think any of them are worth throwing 70+ euros for

only it comes with your membership i would not bother

any thoughts on this
  15. Offline

DeniseMc Member

hlcover79-sm.jpg

Was this the cover on your last issue? It was mine, 2003 sounds about right, and I think I have two years left on my subscripton.
  16. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

i don't remenber the cover but I had pd a 2 yr script. saw her in Palm Beach 2 years later. i just picked one up off the vendor table and smiled....
  17. Offline

George Spear Member

I hate con men thats why I have started a new magazine "George's Hoofcare and Lameness".

I'm planning articles from interesting folks. I'm planning to ask Jac Mac, Phil, Travis, Jaye Perry, Rick B and Kim Turner to do articles for the first issue.

If you want a 2 year subscription please forward $150.00 US to me.

Money Back Satisfaction Guarrantee (I guarrantee that I will be satisfied or your money back)
  18. Offline

john mc loughlin Member

i was toying with the idea of putting somthing together in in the form
    of a small mag for the Irish farrier.

my daughter is a journalist so i would get help on that side
    just somthing that floats through the head now andthen
  19. Offline

George Spear Member

Its a great business john and you save lots of money as apparently there is no need to actually incur printing and mailing costs. Just collect the farriers money dont send the pub and put all the content on a free blog.
  20. Offline

john mc loughlin Member

we do things a bit different over here George;):)