Horses Inside Out

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

Yesterday we had an awesome day at myerscough school of farriery science. The team from horses inside out did a demo on painting the anatomical structures on a live horse then we all had a go ourselves. This was followed by a powerpoint presentation on the biomechanics of the horse. This was absolutley fascinating and was kindly laid on as part of our degree porgram free of charge.

The degree system has taught myself and many other farriers things we would not have learned from going through other directions of further development and would recommend the course to any farrier looking to further their career.

Here are some photos of the day:

Horsesinsideout 078.JPG
    The horse painted by the speaker -Gillian Higgins

Horsesinsideout 072.JPG

The horse me, david hall, angus wiseman, rob golder, mark wood, matt jones and phil perryman painted.

Horsesinsideout 087.JPG
    Our horse on the move
    Horsesinsideout 049.JPG
    Would you buy a second hand car from this man?

horsesinsideout.jpg

All the farriers and horses
  2. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

or a used bike
  3. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Now THAT is a really cool idea Marc. I'd like to see the horses walking after being painted. Too bad nobody took a video.

Regards
  4. Offline

I took a video of them all walking around but when i came to take it off the camera, it was gone!! Bloody technology!!
  5. Offline

DeniseMc Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Marc and Denise,

thanks for posting , i see this method as a great educational tool ,not just for youngsters , i m requesting both of your permission to refer it to 4h and other horse/equine clubs,sites,organizations, and to refer to you folks for comments. I hope someone posts these on other equine related sites as i believe it to be a valuable learning tool despite the fact that somefolks might have fun while learning. Again, thanks for posting these.

Regards

ray
  7. Offline

david a hall Moderator

It was an amazing day, not only was Gilllian's Knowledge of the subject unsurpassed, she delivered it in a fun way. She spoke for at least 5 hours and never lost the room once.
    Quite simply it was one of the best CPD days i have ever been on.
    If you lot over there want a speaker for a semina or the like then this would do.
  8. Offline

DeniseMc Member

Not sure why you would need my permission? Those videos, and many more like them, (some more technical than others) are out there on youtube for anyone to view.
  9. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Whats the course your doing?
  10. Offline

BSc (hons) in Farriery Science
  11. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Very good sounds great, I never heard about it before, did ya have to have the AWCF first? What does it entail? Sorry if you have explained all this on here before.
  12. Offline

You have to have passed the FdSc or foundation degree to be able to progress onto the BSc, the WCF qaulifications are a different pathway these days.