How could you manage to work out of a smaller car?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by HorseHrs, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Offline

HorseHrs New Member

Some day I'd like to own a truck with a nice farrier trailer, but in the meantime I have a small Subaru Impreza hatchback. It's got plenty of room to hold shoes and tools. Say a stall jack and several sets of several different kinds of shoes + tools. Sure it may not be as organized as a trailer with drawers and hangers and everything, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work for cold shoeing.

Have any of you ever worked out of a vehicle that most people would consider way too small to be a farrier rig? How did it work out?

I could trade in my car and get a truck but that's complicated and I do really like this car.
  2. Offline

ray steele Administrator

horseHrs,

I ve been working out of a honda civic hatchback for 10 yrs or so. By doing so, I think it has made me think more bout what I will need for the day, that i can remember,only once did i not pack what i needed. I can be done! even hot shoeing by either carrying you gas propane externally of using the customers propane grill tank!

Initially ,some folk commented that I looked like a "backyard shoer", my response was that I am a backyard shoer, few commented that with what I charged I should have a bigger ,nicer ,etc vehicle, I responded that ,

I ve yet to see a vehicle shoe a horse!

I m still working for them.

Ray

Ray
  3. Offline

gary evans old and slow