Monthly contest

Discussion in 'Farrier Photo Contests' started by ray steele, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Watching the July contest got me thinking.... you folks could probably smell the sawdust burning, that's me.

Smitty asked if there was a prize.

I'm asking if you folks would like me to approach some manufacturers and or dealers to see if they would be interested in sponsoring the Monthly contest. That would mean asking for the prize/s and may result in asking for a monetary fee to offset any costs that would be involved, and allowing some advertising for them within the thread.

I thought of it last week but wanted to present it to you members, possibly it could result in contests every month, which would mean setting out the contests plans ahead of time.

Let me know if you would like me to follow it up and you thoughts. If you feel that posting this in this section screws up the contest,let me know and we can move it.

Regards

Ray Steele
  2. Offline

david a hall Moderator

What sort of thing were you thinking Ray, Every body loves a knife :D See how you go, personally a bit of fun is enough especially as there is a pond in between us.
  3. Offline

ray steele Administrator

David,

my thoughts were to let the manufacturers, distributor and dealers know of the contest/s. Tell them that their company can be a sponsor for say 1 grand prize and 2 lesser prizes, that they would be responsible for delivery.
    For that they would be mentioned at the top of every thread page during the contest month, and at the end of the contest month ,so that each person that opened the contest thread would see the name of that sponsor for the month and thereafter.

If a banner or something else was requested the cost would need to be determined, and depending on the time involved that charged, Andre I feel should be paid something for his time, plus it would be good to develop a kitty to enhance/improve the site as time goes on.

To enlarge the membership we may want to advertise in farrier publications to inform other farriers who are not members to join and participate.

Ray
  4. Offline

david a hall Moderator

5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

The best part of the 1st week of August is past.

Is there an interest in an August contest, if so ,suggestions?

Regards

Ray Steele
  6. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

KEGGARS FOR EVERYDAY PROBLEMS..........FRONTS OR HINDS.........ooopppppsss sorry for the caps
  7. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Find a company willing to sponsored the contest and make it to where the contest revolves around the product.. let the company lay out what they would like to see
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Jaye,
    thanks for that, if we can get several suggestions we could set some up in advance

Travis,

thanks,I'll go hunting for a sponsor, but if you think of some suggestions for contests ,then I can define the sponsor list.

David Hall,
    do you have any judges in mind?

Thanks

Ray
  9. Offline

Vet tec seems to be used pretty widely .. let's see ur best use of vet tec products.. maybe that will show help show each other how we use that product in diff ways....and pad company ..let's see ur best use of said pad..
  10. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Bar wedges. lol
  11. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Kim's picking on me
  12. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

lol, no not at all......................... :D
  13. Offline

Ray could send us all a pair and we can do clinical testing.... She's making fun of me ..I Lov em..with a big wad of that hubba bubba packed in the back for good measure..ducke
    tt..or was that the other thread.
  14. Offline

david a hall Moderator

My thoughts were simple aspects of the job, however I do like the kegger and vetec suggestions. When we put frogs on here I bet every reader tried to trim a frog better, customers notice these things, in my mind there is added value to the job even if we dont get more money!!! I had a thought that best finish on a clenching job would be good!!!!! just a thought. By the way Ray drank my beer.
  15. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

souns good to me David
  16. Offline

ray steele Administrator

correct me if i'm wrong, two ideas, two months worth of contests, if we could plan a couple more ray could talk to more potential sponsors and give a choice to them , and manipulate the months for the sponsors if necessary, pick a contest for this month, if no sponsor, I'll supply the Stout as before(not beer unless we're out of water), and if an address is not provided ,I'll have the decency to report back to the winner and inform them that the stout was good .
    If Smitty will provide an address I 'll get the price of a pint to the young man who was involved in the technicality last month, if not ,.... I'll have another, ..... catchy phrase! John, please pm that address to me

David,

Judges?

Ray
  17. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Got to be John if he is willing!!
  18. Offline

Yes i will do it for you
  19. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Thank you John, let us know whats required.
  20. Offline

Ok we will go with Davids idea
    so its the best NAIL AND FINISHED JOB on a front foot
    one entry only.
    would like to see two views of the job side and front
    good clear pics
    if you have any questions shoot