Nails

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray steele, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Offline

ray steele Administrator

I was visiting several farriers over the past few days,and while conversing with two of them the subject of nails came up. One gent who uses Capewell 6 city head primarily commented that they are at an all time low ,quality wise,i.e., sharpness,driving consistency,and strength,another who favors club,showed me that the head size is different than in the past,while I never used many 5 ch, I 've driven a few 5 ch. a 5 sb., and will say that the head of these 5 ch. are different.

As I remember in the press release,when Capwell usa was shut down the Capewell machines were sent to Sweden, the boxes that these nails came out of were marked,made in Columbia, so I,m guessing that the original machines are in a Swedish museum or a scrap yard and that the nails that I saw were made on machines made in Columbia.

I asked if these farriers had tried other nails, they had and the man who used the 6ch.,stated that some had worked out very well but he returned to the Capewell only because they were what he had used so much in the past even though he was unhappy with them.

I thought it was interesting.

Ray
  2. Offline

Jack Evers Active Member

Years since I have driven a capewell. They turned to junk.