Pari-Mutual Barrel Racing WTF????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Geist, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Offline

George Geist Active Member

2. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

George please excuse my ignorance on racing and such... I'm not sure I fully understand what it is they are trying to do...am I seeing it correct ..in reading that they are try to have barrel racing in place of horse racein...if so is this something done other places ...and are they going to bet on it..and can you bet on it just like you would a norm race...
  3. Offline

Platerforge Guest

what's worse is that you can have a positive EIA horse on your property in Florida! The only state to allow this.
  4. Offline

Platerforge Guest

semi off subject; but about Florida and it's rules.
  5. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

I think there are several states that allow an EIA horse to be pastured more than *** yards from other horses. Most people would have a few other horses and could not possibly do it, and would put their own horses at risk.
    The thing I like most about horse activities here is that if you get dumped off a horse, you can't sue anyone. Oh yea, you can shoot anyone who threatens your life. That's my kind of state!
  6. Offline

Well George are they talking about betting on the can chasing..if so where would you find that many horses and riders with nice fast horses to go night after night...and we all know at all the new rules that will have to me put in place if the gen public is allow to bet..
  7. Offline

Hasent it takin years and years to get the race industry set in rules and they seem to change every so often..I have heard they are many committees in place to keep a handle on it...and anytime money is involved you know they will find new was to cheat..
  8. Offline

How would one cheat at barrel racing?
  9. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Story I heard from some of my canchasers is that folks would bet on a rider and they would match race in a way.?
  10. Offline

Platerforge Guest

like they do in racing.......drugs and gimmicks
  11. Offline

What a waste! They need more standardbred tracks down here.
  12. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Heck, canchasers horses live on drugs like candy, and injections too...they have no clue about layup and rest for their horses...
  13. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

YEEEEEP!
  14. Offline

Tom Stovall New Member

A sample from most barrel horses and quite a few barrel racers would wreck a gas chromatograph. :)