Retraction of deep flexor tendon

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Gabino, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Today.This horse has a severe retraction of deep flexor.This is the rad and the pic.Any comments?

csoface.JPG sara6.JPG
  2. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Perhaps a DFT tenotomy in conjunction with a toe tip shoe on a rockered toe? Or, even just a rockered toe toe tip shoe so the heels can be trimmed a little bit every few days? egg bar banana shoe? Perhaps any of the previous in conjunction with muscle relaxers?
  3. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

What muscle relaxers rick?
  4. Offline

That is a veterinary question so its outside my area of expertise:)
  5. Offline

Gabino Active Member

The shoe,before and after. Straigtbar shoe compensated banana.Floated heel.No pad nor impression material.The horse is extremely un behaviour (1cc of Domosedan+1cc of Xilazina)

sara6.JPG sara2.JPG
  6. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I've only seen tetracycline used in foals didn't realise there was anything else that would work to relax the muscle. Obviously I don't want to put you in a position that your making a diagnosis for this horse so how about if I phrased it, would you know the name of any drugs you have seen vets administer for this purpose in past cases you have worked on?
  7. Offline

David, I don't know the name of the drugs.:(
  8. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

No bother Rick if ya do come across a name for something that would suit will ya let me know so i can ask our vets about it for some of our cases.
  9. Offline

Doug New Member

The best muscle relaxer is stimulate the pituitary gland and within minutes muscles relax. Been doing it for 30+ yrs. It's old school.
  10. Offline

DeniseMc Member

View: http://youtu.be/fqV_-M_Iz5M

Doug,
    Is this your video? How would your technique fix a horse that is colicing due to lipoma strangulation and the gut is dying due to the strangulation?
  11. Offline

DeniseMc Member

12. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

I know I have said this before but just, WOW...
  13. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I had to make a comment after watching those but ten mins sitting here staring at the screen and im still speechless
  14. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Got any proof?
  15. Offline

ray steele Administrator

I realize that Doug did not post the video, but should this be considered an "infomercial"?

ray
  16. Offline

More like a 'mis-infomercial'. ymmv......

On a happier note, as a result of viewing the videos, I am going to alter my personal shoeing and should be able to report back here within a week or so that my diabetes is gone, my acid reflux is gone and because of the increased abilities of my biological filters, I am healthy as a horse.............
  17. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Did you see the front hoof imbalance on the right front!!! Might be something to do with the filtration system.
  18. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

In the next video, does he recommend a wine colonic to further the "california cleansing"? What about the fat burning pill?
  19. Offline

Dave Whitaker Active Member

Every time I participate in something like the recent MFA clinic that gives me hope that our profession is headed in the direction of improved competence and professionalism, some complete crap like this shows up somewhere and the lemmings take it as gospel and run with. Front feet round, rear feet pointed??? WHAT a aberration!! Looks like 99% of the horses in my practice are carrying way too much weight on their front feet....;) What a total load of bullshit.... what do you think?... about a day before she's lame on the RF? :(

Dave
  20. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

She already looks lame on the RF to me. Did you see her turn? Actually she looks a little sore on all 4.

Regards