Shoeing Rig For Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tom Bloomer, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

2. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

It looks very clean tom
  3. Offline

gary evans old and slow

Retiring Tom?
  4. Offline

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Offline

Smitty, I had the truck cleaned by a professional master detailer.
  6. Offline

gary evans old and slow

Lucky abstar...
  7. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Tom, what happened to your homebuilt stainless steel forge with the unusual burner design?
  8. Offline

Brian, I had trouble finding a liner that would hold up to the heat from the burners. Jamming 300,000BTUs into that small of a space . . . The whole inside would have to be a cast refractory - which would make the forge too heavy !150lbs to be portable on a swing out. At one point I had a production design with smaller burners that I thought I would try selling, but the market just isn't there to make the startup costs and tooling investment worthwhile. Recently I met a guy that does pottery and has his own kiln. I may try building another prototype since I have somebody that can slow fire the cast refractory. I gave the stainless shell and the burners to my friend Matt Taimuty. Matt is going to build a shop forge for doing ornamental work.
  9. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

well, if you start playing with burners again, keep us in mind.
  10. Offline

I just took a deposit on the rig. Consider it SOLD!
  11. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Congrats Tom on the sale!! It is a great rig. I really enjoyed the time I spent with you and took some good things back with me. Enjoy your new line of work! Hopefully it is easier on your body than shoeing.
  12. Offline

Thanks Mike. I'm enjoying the job quite a bit. It really isn't that that much difference. I fix lame computers and networks that don't behave very well due to their owners abusing them and not managing them correctly. And of course everybody is an expert or knows somebody who is an expert until we get into a discussion on "anatomy" and the inner workings of all the "stuff" that connects to all the other "stuff." ;)
  13. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Holy Cow, that sounds easy, I've had a computer for some time now, I can do that!! Why should I get an expert like you to do it when I can fix it myself. Anatomy, let's see, there's a case, drive, mouse power, keys, screen, what else do I need to know? Sounds like shoeing horses just kept you in shape for working with the public!! Have fun.
  14. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Actually I think that one aspect of the horse business that would be useful for computer repair is the gift of psychic ability to diagnose problems and read what the computer did in it's former lives.