Slide in Anvil stand

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mikel Dawson, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

I'm working on making a slide in anvil stand for my van. This is the first go round.

IMAG0118.jpg
  2. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I would arrange it so the horn is pointed toward the truck. Better NOT to bump into the point of the horn while walking around your rig.
  3. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Van new 002a.jpg
    Yea, you would, but I'm left handed, so would have to put my forge on the other side, which when I get another van I might do. Right not I'm getting the thing to work right and give good support. I did a couple horses on it today, not too bad. Now it's in two pieces. The lighter pipe slides into the darker one. I have to remove the anvil and set it on the plate between where it is now and the van. What I want to end up with is a one piece slide in. Attached is a pic how is slides in now, as you say the point is in. View attachment 5064 View attachment 5064 Van new 006.JPG
  4. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Looks good
  5. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

Pick up a swing up trailer jack to put on the end. Be a little easier to set up and have some adjustability to it too. I'm planning to make a slide out like that, but with angle iron and rollers.

ETA: I'm a lefty also. I wouldn't point the bick at the truck regardless. If you ever plan to build draft shoes your stand will get in the way.