Smitty 88 to USA!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horseshoeing Competitions and Handmade Horseshoes' started by George Geist, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Offline

George Geist Active Member

2. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

I would love too.
  3. Offline

jack mac Guest

Hey bugger off. I've been trying to Talk Mustad Australia in to inviting & Flying Johns arse over here for the last 3 years for a demonstration seminar & judging of a few comp''s. Like they have with Grant moon & Chris Gregory. It pains me to say I've even drop David Halls name as anther that they should consider.
  4. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Jack, for a sponsor, instead of Mustad, try Guiness. ;)
  5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

George,

thanks for starting this, it should give us and John an idea of the amt. of interest! and give us a chance to pre plan.

So where is the show of hands button?

Regards

Ray Steele
  6. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Jack I do love you xxxxx
    Besides id have to bring Alex to clench anything I shod up.
    Johns your man.
  7. Offline

Alex Hall Active Member

And Hoover up yours tools and move your box :)
  8. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

I'd love to get to meet Smitty and learn something from him. I've gotta feeling you guys are gonna mount a serious assault on his liver, though.
  9. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Folks,

I have posted on Horseshoes.com a message about what we are trying to do. My suggestion over there was to tell farrier friends, and I mentioned or meant to mention AFA, AAPF,WBC,BWFA,and would suggest also KGB,CIA, FBI ,AFLCIO, YM/WCA, FICA ,AARP etc. etc. etc..

I think we must realize that if this does happen, it would be on John's time schedule, but it is important for us to be able to plan. 1st part of plan, is there interest?

Regards

Ray
  10. Offline

11. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Are you sure smitty is up for it...I mean they are a ton of toe crackers that have a bromance on him...he may need body gaurd...
  12. Offline

ray steele Administrator

translation?
  13. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I'll request a protection detail from the Amish Special Forces of Delmarva.
  14. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Sorry ray...less say he has quite a few that admire him to the point of ..its a little scary when one man gets that star struck on another..picture the back street boys getting off the plane and all the groupies hanging around..every tool maker will be there asking him to try this or try that.... Smitty don't try anyone's tools until I clear it...I'm trying to get you a tool endorsment..
  15. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Ageeeded! But does Smitty, John, has the " what it takes to go through the house of pain that I will ask?"

Really, folks. doe he "REally" have the balls, NADS to ansnswer the "REEL HARD QUESTIONS"?"
    Sorry I m such an ass,but do we learn with same ole same ole? John , enlightening us on your experiences....besides your hero do dads.....
  16. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

im pretty sure its been tried before
  17. Offline

Then, by all means, stop trying.
  18. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

I think that may be what he would tell you.
  19. Offline

david a hall Moderator

John has a forging and shoeing ability second to none.
    John trains apprentices to a high standard, James achieved Hons in his diploma, that is an enormous feet.
    If you want car crash thearte with shock and blood then im sure there are some great speakers.
    Im sure John doesnt see the same number of lame horses that some see because of his ability to trim a foot and apply the right sized shoe to that well trimmed foot. these are indeed skills that are more relevent to what most of us do.
    Mr P im sure you will agree most of what we correct if it had been properly shod we wouldnt be correcting it. John shoes them correct.
    I have been to a few clinics where some big mouth has ruined the evening trying to belittle the speaker with questions that "ARE REEL HARD" especially when the asker thinks they know the answer, most of the room find that reel tedious.
    The truth of the matter we all need to trim better fit better and finish better. Being taught that by a man with a proven track record with training is a clinic most need to attend.
    I have been to a few hands on clinics where the clinican walks round helping people out.
    Use peoples strengths to advance your own skills and no clinic is a waste.
  20. Offline

ray steele Administrator

translation?