Straighten this *&^^%%^&*&^%#@@ FORUM OUT

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Ray has given you all free rein to put this forum together as you want it.
    -You need to have a vote and choose a hierarchy of leadership and those who keep the peace and keep the topics from running awry.
    -Management needs to support eachother and be impartial.
    -Erase that owner/farrier line, owners can have a category for hoof help, and one for general/comments. Owners CAnnot give advice!!!!! But can ask questions anywhere. The separation is childish. If you guys want to talk shop, and want to do some TEaching, you need to set it up that way. Make it easy for people to learn.
    -for the few questions you will end up getting in farrier conversations like nails and forging, is it really necessary to put up a "farrier only" sign even for questions?
    -You Can have arguments without name calling and belittling.
    -you need rules about what you can be banned for-no exceptions.
    -Don't turn this into an old boys club. It's a real downer.

NOW someone needs to get this rolling. Ray WILL NOT be doing it. WILL NOT tell you how. If you want a good forum, someone needs to start organizing one. All members should be involved, not just the chosen leaders.

If you just want to go on with the BS that's been happening for days, go right ahead, if that's what you want. If you all want what you are looking for in a forum, you have free rein from Ray right now. Or no forum at all
  2. Offline

just passin through Member

Karen,thats the way horseshoes forum is ran,and all that is left is very nice people who have nothing else to do but post jibberish. What gets me is ray letting you make posts like this?

And having you here as a moderator has to be a joke~ You should open a forum for female farriers where you could make the rules up all by yourself? And not have to ask anything~

You are wasting your time here,you should be on the S.P.C.A> site where you could do some good? How did you get the moderators job anyway?
  3. Offline

George, what is happening to this trade? I think we should ask ray to stand up and be counted? Who is this karen fletcher?
  4. Offline

George, I was there during the invasion. And I was on the farrier's side. The rules needed to be enforced. Rules could be agreed to here. No BUA's, no giving of advice from non farriers, If questions sound like they are leading away from farriery and bending towards trimming (BUA), they get a warning, then banned.

We do not tolerate BS. You warn then ban people who break the rules. Plain and simple. And only FARRIERS give advice, and no BUA crap.
    "No delineating" does not work if the rules are not enforced-one warning, then ban. No one has the right to give advice as a non farrier. Or sway people in that way. Plain and simple. No line needed. The rule is for everyone. Trimmers do not have the education, or the credentials to give advice, and they are not farriers.
    Removing the line does work, it's the rules that were not enforced. And if it doesn't work, you go back to the line. But hopefully everyone will be responsible enough for keeping those rules intact. Not just the top dog.

Old Boys Club: There are some men that think that only men farriers are important (cept for maybe one or two female farriers). Women or non farriers have no right having any rights or holding office on a farrier site or offering ideas (without a fight). What I would ask for is "Equality in Membership". Not to give advice, but to help set up the forum and be able to give input, and treated the same as any farrier.

A member is a member. All members have the same rights. If a farrier says derogatory remarks to an owner, it's breaking the rules. Not just the other way around. All members are members, equal in being members. That was not happening on HS, and I personally took a stand against it and not one time did the change cause a problem The change also had some good farrier support, and some that were skeptical , but what the heck?

Rules are rules. A line in the sand is not needed if people follow the rules.

"Old Boys Club" is more like a feeling some give that some others are not welcome-.
  5. Offline

George, I am who i am... I'm from a little place called boys town................
  6. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I really miss Phil Armetage.
  7. Offline

JPT. I'm a member and entitled to make any posts that anyone else can make. And not put up with any BS from people like you. And female or not, if you bash females, you should not be here.

If you think me being a moderator here is a joke, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

You may think I'm wasting my time here, but I don't agree with you.
  8. Offline

I've been Seminolewind on HS for the last 5 years. How long have you been a member there?
  9. Offline

JPT is a veteran of the licensing wars on horseshoes.com.
  10. Offline

Karen,you are siminole wind? LOL that explains everything................
  11. Offline

I wish he was here too..................
  12. Offline

If that's true in a few days he'll be your best friend and telling everybody you can walk on water. ;)
  13. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

I blame the americans!
  14. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

:mad: well I have no retort. :p
  15. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

haha id better not start anymore aggro around here! Keep it fun folks x
  16. Offline

Yea, but you've got a 7mm mag . . . :D
  17. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Hmm, and I'm a good marksman.

:D
  18. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

Might be stating the blinding bleeding obvious but obviously she was asked to undertake it!

How did you get to be so obnoxious to someone who is expressing a perfectly legitimate opinion?
  19. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

George Geist said:
    Best question of all though is who is JPT~?

An alter of Jackmac!
  20. Offline

I used to have this really cool computer trivia game called "You Don't Know Jack."