the most you have done in a day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray tyron, May 2, 2013.

1. Offline

ray tyron Member

We have all heard of the guy who can do 30 a day .im curious what us mear mortals can do.i once did 15 cold and1 trim in a day . It was not good for me or the horses .i took two days off after. (suprisingly no horses were hurt in the parformence of this stupidity) older and slower now ten cold dose me in. seven hot . Whats your record
  2. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

16 cold is my record at the time I was a final year apprentice so worked with boss all day then did my own in the evenings
  3. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I'v done eight I think. I'v only ever done one horse cold, and I did him twice on different days.
  4. Offline

david a hall Moderator

200 and made all the shoes. The beauty of this is I charge a lot of money, several hundred pounds a set so I made £100000 pounds that day but gave it all to charity cos I am that sort of guy. I can also drink 20 pints of beer and remain lucid and attractive to women. I think I have a gift for it.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Offline

gary evans old and slow

I've met him, it's all true...
    :D
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Gary,

I ll take your word for it ... but if you change your mind, or if you were helping him with the beer that day we can start a "Fairy Tales " thread easy enough

now let me tell you bout my day...........................

Ray
  7. Offline

ray tyron Member

?
    ??? Got my cureosity up why
  8. Offline

Tejun Member

Do miniature horses count? Did 18 mini trims in a day once. 9 of them I had to hogtie, I had a helper and we both felt like we had been hog tied. One of them kicked me in the knee so hard I thought my career was over, another climbed on my back while biting at the helper. Now after two foot roping sessions, there is only one I need to hog tie. little bastards little little bastard turd herd. haha but it was fun.
    badpony.jpg
    crazypony.jpg
  9. Offline

ray tyron Member

Had s simler experience after 20 beers only difference was she was 200 pounds and resimbled a horse
  10. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

The horse was one of the spookiest I've ever seen. If he couldn't find anything to be scared of, he'd start seeing ghosts. When I turned on the forge he started shaking and his legs started buckling. Almost went down, didn't have the sense to run off. So I shod him cold. I've hot shod many other feet twice in a day (tack on a shoe, don't like it, throw it back in the fire) to make up for not doing that one right.
  11. Offline

ray tyron Member

Gotya .thanks bill was scrching my head on that one
  12. Offline

Jeremiah Tucker New Member

I'm new to the forum but I wanted to put my 2 cents in on this one. I trimmed 21 in a day a few weeks ago took 8 hrs
  13. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

The most I've done in a day is one. That one was the second one as I wasn't quite awake for the first. Anything after that I blocked out due to the owner/trainer talking. PTSD?

I may have done 18 once (several trims, some 1/2 sets and a few full sets) but I don't remember.
  14. Offline

Tejun Member

Every new post in here the amount of horses increases by 1 or 2. So in a month or so people should be doing 30-40 in a day lol
  15. Offline

gary evans old and slow

What state were their feet in? There's trims and there's TRIMS!
    I'm guessing at 8 hrs for 21, they were TRIMS...
    :)
  16. Offline

Jeremiah Tucker New Member

They were TRIMS. 5 were Donkeys between trying to not get my head kicked off and making 3 passes with my nippers on each foot. The last farm of the day was an a hour and a half from the first 3 and that's in the time too. I did 4 farms that day and only 1 was a regular customer all the others were " I haven't been able to find anybody" people and I know why now but when you're young and starting out you take all comers.
  17. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

18 or 21 trims seems like a mornings work than a days work
  18. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I did 19 trims once. Nice easy day and I tied my trim kit on the back of the Harley.
  19. Offline

gary evans old and slow

Especially compared to your friend who does 36 donkeys a day every day...

and that's assuming she does nothing else!
    :eek:
  20. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

LOL,

This thread probably has more BS in it than my neighbors Highland.

Regards