Treatment/Hospital Plate

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Shane Wood, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Shane Wood Oklahoma

Vet called this morning and said he had a couple trims he needed done. By the time I got there rads had been taken and found an abscess. He asked me to build a plate.

treatment plate#5.jpg
    treatment plate#4.jpg
    treatment plate#3.jpg
    treatment plate#2.jpg
    treatment plate#1.jpg
  2. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Lovely job Shane, what thickness aluminium plate did you use? What was going on with the foot was it just a hole created by an abcess or was there something more going on?
  3. Offline

Shane Wood Oklahoma

I'm not sure the exact thickness of the plate. It's old street sign material.

The horse is a retired race horse that has since been basically abandoned from what I gather. It's been taken in by a rescue specifically for "retired" race horses. So as far as history I'm not sure. The vet in charge of caring for them currently said he couldn't stand to look at them limping and decided to do something about it. The vet was just recently brought into the situation. So I don't think he even knows much beyond the few days they have been with him. It's a herd of 21 horses that have kinda fallen through the cracks. Sadly after they are moved from the vet's facility their hoof care will probably go back to the way it was. But that is just speculation on my part.
  4. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I was wondering where all the stop signs were goin :D Does the job perfect and free, cant beat that!