US Concave Suppliers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Joey Aczon, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

Anyone here mail-order concave? Where from? I'd like to start carrying concave this year and quit buying shoes altogether. Since most of my work is in gaited horses I have very, very little call for keg shoes. As it is I literally only carry 5-6 pair for the few QH's I work on that are actually shod in kegs.
  2. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I generally get mine from Horseshoes Plus in New Hampshire. Nice folks to deal with. I'm not sure what shipping would be. I pick mine up when they have their spring clinic there in March. http://www.horseshoesplus.com/

Regards
  3. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

Thanks Rick. The shipping seems to be the big bugaboo. Anvil Brand is about the only dist. I deal with that carries it, but they want to tack on $5 handling PER STICK in addition to shipping. Anyone ever order from Harry Patton in CA?

I really wish my local(-ish) supplier would carry the stuff but they're simply not interested.
  4. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Harry Patton is a good place to deal with, Ada Gates is one of the coolest, nicest people there is.
    Horseshoe Barn in Sacramento has concave too.
  5. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Myfarriersupplies.com has concave and free.shipping on orders over $275.00
  6. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

Wow, I wonder how much $275 worth of concave would weigh, and if they really thought this through. LOL
  7. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

there wont be much there ,
  8. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

Even at their prices (which are a little high) that would still be about 15 pieces. It would have to be split up and also have an extra oversize shipping charge.
  9. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

A friend just bought a bunch from them. There was no freight charges at all. He also bought an anvil, also free shipping.
  10. Offline

Joey Aczon Member

I was wrong about the anvil brand shipping, it was someone else. Anvil Brand is actually the cheapest Ive seen at $13/6' for 3/8 3/4. Harry Patton is $24?! MFS is right in the middle.