What happens when you volunteer to shoe for the USDA for free.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tom Bloomer, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

2. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Not sure what to say about that. I would have definitely taken some before and after pics, just in case something like this happened.
  3. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

After reading both articles, I'm not surprised at any of it. I'm not surprised they didn't have a knowledgeable farrier at the inspection and none of the inspectors had any knowledge of what they were looking for. I wonder what kind of a case there would have been if it was a horse with a heartbar shoe where pressure is wanted?
  4. Offline

So how many of you would have given up your rights as enumerated in the 4th and 5th amendment of our constitution in order to "cooperate" with the government in their investigation?
  5. Offline

david a hall Moderator

It is troubling that the state has the power without the brain.
  6. Offline

The state gets its power from the people. IME very few people know what their rights are. My parents didn't teach me about my rights. I certainly wasn't taught about my rights in school. And often when I get in a discussion about rights with other people I am viewed as an anarchist or someone who is anti government and doesn't respect authority. Seems odd since my authority is the bill of rights and the supreme law of the land.
  7. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

A small preview as to how Inspectors will operate when we get Farrier Licencing here in the US. I thought it interesting that the government expert, so called farrier, didn't know about impression material.
  8. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

You know what an expert is: x is the unknown factor, a spert is a drip of water: so an expert is an unknown drip.