Deniox shoes

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Zach's Horseshoeing, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

So in words whats the verdict Donnie
  2. Offline

aliciathompson Member

I believe if you look at the fetlock this horse has a significant rotational deformity, and the shoe was place purposefully like that to enable both heels to land at the same time. Nails are punched at different locations on the branch with significantly more fullering on the medial branch, it does not to my eye look like a misaligned shoe but one placed built and shaped atypically for a reason. I think we can give Gabino the benefit of the doubt here.
  3. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

That is the shoe I have used on a few horses with good results
  4. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Hey, never knocking what he did or what he has in his hand at all...BUT if you see something like this, asking a question is not an attack on what was done. Just sayin.
  5. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

where do you see the fetlock?
    So in this instance, leaving the heel uncovered is OK? At a minimum would not a small onion heel or thumbprint have been a better option on that side?
  6. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Gary.I'm not feeling attack. Sorry if you understand that causeof my bad english.You can ask all that you want.

forum.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Gambino,

to me, if the horse is going better or what you have done is working, i couldn t care if the shoe was sittin sideways and upside down, what is the reason,plan etc. for so much material in the toe of the shoe?

as for your bad English, i ll bet you a pint that your bad English is a better effort than my good Spanish! Thanks for posting.

Ray
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Ray are you drinking again
  9. Offline

ray steele Administrator

John,

the again in your question might presume that I stopped.........no!

and after i win this bet with Gambino, i have a pint to share!

Ray
  10. Offline

11. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

I've had pictures come out like that, and it's where I cleaned up the commisures back to the bulb. Leaves a cleaned out area that on a 2d picture looks like the termination of the heel. Also I've notched hooked heels and it looks like that.

Judging by the bar, I bet they do hook in.
  12. Offline

Platerforge Guest

pics can make something look different, as long as the horse is sound, Gabino you got paid!, owners are happy, horse is happy
    I am Happy(y)
  13. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

The bulbs and central sulcus is what is throwing me off I guess?
  14. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Well..if one of the frog branches is overcleaned it can look that the heel is more long,because the pic is plain,not tridimensional image. Nobody can get conclusive dates from a pic.Draw lines on the pic is easy,but a little change of the camera position can get left info.

There is more material in the toe because the shoe should be more wide in the toe than the branches.These shoe made in steel could be a crazy idea.
  15. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

why would it be crazy ?
  16. Offline

Platerforge Guest

toe-weighted Arabian shoes are used all the time; and your gaited horses have a heavy toe.
  17. Offline

Platerforge Guest

ps I have padded up an Arabian with toe-weighted shoe on the fronts many years ago.
  18. Offline

Gabino Active Member

The shoe has 10 mm of tickness. These shoe made in iron would weigth about 700 gramos. Put these weigth in the hoof with desmitis of the suspensor isn't the best option.
  19. Offline

Platerforge Guest

yes; I know of the aluminum shoes you use; I like them. here in the states we use toe-weighted shoes on gaited horses and the Arabian show horse; and they are padded up and made out of steel.
    I actually think I still have a left over shoe from Diamond when I was doing this 15 years ago.
  20. Offline

Please tell me you didn't use a Diamond toe weight on an Arabian.