DO WE ENJOY OUR JOB

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by smitty88, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

how did it go for you today Chris
  2. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

John absolutely great , not a massive turnout but all were very keen and wanting to learn , the high standards surprised me by all and the food was second to none, some amazing shoeing rigs and a shed full of bloody irishmen LOL , i will be back again you should join me with your family , excellent area and damn good hospiality
  3. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

You were only better looking because I was not there. :p
  4. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Dave, very sorry about your bride..but I so agree with what you said..Only another Farrier can appreciate what another Farrier does to help horses...horseowners have very short memories so it is very important to savor what you did and learn from it so the next one you deal with you have a heads up on what you might need to do...? Gotta love learning about helping in the way we do it..
  5. Offline

glad to hear it went well
    Who was there from the forum?
  6. Offline

just Linda and George, a few Irish guys , Amish and a few locals , perhaps the ones that didnt show have nothing else to learn or pass on to others
  7. Offline

you will get that
  8. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Are you in PA Chris?
  9. Offline

yes Eric ,10 days left , are you at the Danny Ward clinic next sat ?
  10. Offline

No I have thanksgiving dinner sat. I'd imagine we're not too far apart. Give me a call if you get near a phone. 908 619 6798
  11. Offline

Whats that thanksgiving dinner thing about?
  12. Offline

Thanksgiving is Thurs in the USA. Most everyone that was supposed to come for dinner that day is working so we're having it on sat instead.
  13. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Jezz..I thought everyone knew what thanksgiving is... Its the day that Ab Lincoln sailed over to the new world on the titanic with a load of grits for the Indians..but along the way they hit a rock or something and sunk the boat ..but the Amish saved many of them ..and invited the boat load to dinner..and while at dinner George Washington was flying a kite and it got hung in a tree ..so ben franklin cut that cherry tree down and got that fanny whipped by his dad..so every year at this time we give thanks to good food and the new world for bringing punishment to our children.. spare the rod spoil the child..
  14. Offline

just trying to rowl some of you Americans:p:D
  15. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

John,
    A good Irishman can't rowl a good American about Thanksgiving. It all started with typical British oppression, which I'm sure the Irish understand. The Separatists fled King James, got here, did well and thanked the Lord.
    Went on to woop the English a couple of times then save them a couple of times. I left out a few details, but that's the crux of it.
  16. Offline

gsmith New Member

Getting back to the original post, Work is only work when there is something else you're rather be doing.

I'll just soon work on horses.
  17. Offline

vthorseshoe Active Member

In my early years it was a lot of learning everytime I went out, then as time moved on it was a lot of making money and learning everytime I went out, more later on, it was teaching others what i had to offer and show other farriers and owners about handling drafts during shoeing/trimming. NOW it is all about the horse. GIVING BACK to an animal that has given me the opportunity to live a life full of adventure, advance my skills and knowledge, and to meet some of the greatest folks around. Because of the HORSE, I have lived a full life and learned to become so much more confident, and I hope humble.
    I just said to another farrier the other day, I will be lifting hoove's (hopefully), till my body is fertilizing daisies.

I am no longer focused on how many I do, but rather how well I use all I have learned through the years to improve the one's I do do.

Toborrow a quote from Ceasar Milan (dog whisper) "I train people, I rehabilitate Horses.....

Do I enjoy my job ? Inequivacably yes......

my 2 cents worth ;)