Explain this this to me

Discussion in 'Everyday Horseshoeing' started by Mr. Perry, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Well thats a hell of a lot better of what is trying to be done that ..just because or because at a clinic this is how to do it....so is that is what the foot is to look like at the six week mark...se above post ..or is that not quite doing it like its intended..
  2. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

"the square toe was brought on for fat drunk foxhunters who rode poor" or most new amature riders. I refer to them as "training wheels"; as some riders progess, they become quite proud when their horses no longer require them..
  3. Offline

This one started having some issues getting around a two foot set and owner said farrier related he needed that toe for I kid not ..purchase .. we did a idotic toe loop raise the heels ..he catched another gear..right or wrong it worked that day

Attached Files:

4. Offline

.....lol...I got a few square toe riders on my books ..and a couple of drunks..
  5. Offline

Moon beam New Member

Well you keep ignoring what the hoof is telling you via its growth ring & don't bother improving your farrier skills. Its of no concern to me. However it maybe for those who wish to improve their eye & skill at trimming & fitting. If you ignore what the growth ring tells you then you are at a lose in all aspects regarding farriery & are simple a person who nails iron on any old how he can get it on. Choosing to ignoring what a growth ring tells you. When owner are in control of the pasture grazed & the hard feeds feed. leaves you the farrier with no opportunity to rein in an owner to assist in providing their horse the best out comes for sound healthy hooves.
  6. Offline

Now here is where it lost me..I'm just trying to understand it all in a better way..I have two pics of an example of where this method was used and it went wrong...I thought everyone who logged in..showed up at clinics..and who rolled out of bed was trying to get better.. but if I don't understand that way I'm not improving and a iron hanger... I can't even guess at how many horses are showing ..winning and have been for years not using the method we are talking about and trying to understand... Wry
  7. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

No i don't "Improve my farriery skills because my skills as of date have made me successful.

In circumstance: "some chicken salad can be made into chicken shat"

Not at all. Do your pnies do 46/52 weeks a year doing their deeds?

"yes mam'ma and take their monies.....
  8. Offline

Moon beam New Member

Would you care to draw a line highlighting the growth ring angle, on the pic of that horses hoof Jaye. Saving me the trouble of doing so. Then you can explain to the punters why you think that angle will improve over time using the methods you employ. or do you consider that growth ring angle as normal & are happy just to have bone's lining up regardless of other happenings taking place in the hoof. If you are not removing live tissues that are in excess & removing those that are not in excesses. Could you please explain your understanding on how you expect equilibria of cell division between the two is going to take place. In order for the hoof to achieve balanced steady growth ?
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

I agree with what moonbeam is saying; I have said this for years.
  10. Offline

Josh Ramsey Member

No xray but does have tons of experience and his "cheap xray". . .it's a contour gauge. Top third of the foot is going to be true to the shape of the coffin bone and the shape the foot should be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  11. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Me too.
    Had Mr./Mrs./Miss Moon Beam put forth under his/her real name, it may have carried more weight.
    I have found that the growth rings have straightened out, and distortions disappeared after employing principles learned from Jaye. Mr. Buffy has helped a lot too.
  12. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Sure would be nice to see people that post use their real names? We all know Linda but Moon Beam kinda reminds me of someone from the 60's and they were on earth with their bodies but up there with the stars in their heads.. creditablity goes along way .. wasn't this issue discussed many times?
  13. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

nearly every new member of late has Jack Mac printed all over them
  14. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Cool! and antiquated, "have another kool aide". A "contour gadget" gives an external view, an x-ray gives an internal view. What happens Josh if the the plantar processes are compromised, the distal tip is compromised? "My gauge will tell me!" Learn to make some shoes pard, the Demo God is the best, learn to make a living by following your "GUT" with learned experiences from all facets....
  15. Offline

George Spear Member

Nature abhors a vacuum. There is a need for every forum to have a few trolls. We should embrace ours.
  16. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Folks,

if you would read my post on page 4 of the Stoneleigh thread the above has been alluded to, i won't bring this up again since it, in it self feeds the entity.

it is my belief that answering to this entity , under any name, only makes it feel important and fulfilled, there does not seem a way to completely eradicate it!
    it is my belief that such entities only wish to destroy conversation and if its rants will not do it then it is satisfied by attrition of the members. Now is the time to put your individual ignore hats on and starve it. think before you answer!

thanks

ray
  17. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

COOL! I like Jac he is fun to parlay with because he doesn't take things personal. I don't like jac when he "falls down the hill" and makes things personal.........
  18. Offline

LLORT New Member

Its not personal Jaye .It just beats talking about the colour of wall paper & I get the best out of you when I poke you in the ribs. The point being made by me is not to get complacent by simply setting shoes back thinking you have fixed the problem because you line "Articulating" bones up .It takes time to get the growth patten back on track. Lining up bones in my opinion is flawed. Simply due to the fact!!!! there are variations of skeleton bone length configuration & conformation in every horse. I think lining bones up might be a grate method if you were shoeing statues & not a moving animal with articulating joints. Any way old fossil are you still thinking of visiting Oz ?. Because I have a list of fine Pubs we can attend & a selection of friendly females who would be more then happy to accompany a genital man with an exotic ascent. ;)
  19. Offline

George Spear Member

I think you meant "Genial" LOL.

It does take time to get the growth pattern back on track. Particularly if a toe has been long and heels run forward for many years. I find wedge frog support pads seem to help and apply them even if HPA might suffer on LTLH cases. I'm more concerned about building a more normal foot often than bony column alignment.

Sounds like a fun trip jaye!
  20. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

i have one response:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyeshD8RJY
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List