Farrier Confrontations

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AnthonyLawrence, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Offline

Tejun Member

Update on this event, the woman was hospitalized by the horse. It is forsale now.
  2. Offline

jacob1 Member

Horse must have been thinking right brain.
  3. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

I watched a lady tie her horse with a lunge line to a tire swing hanging from a tree that way it could graze while I was working on her other horse. Guess what happened!!!
  4. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

were the injuries severe enough to cause a learning experience for this owner or did she consider it just her bad luck?
  5. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Too bad there isn't a video to go with it.
  6. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

Little rope burn to both hind pasterns

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Offline

Platerforge Guest

best to walk away. have had my share over the years; best to say nothing and go away.
  8. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Nope. No way. Its best to laugh out loud. When owners do stupid stuff (they ought to know better) and nobody dies or is seriously maimed, laughing ,just might shame the ignorant into not doing stupid stuff again. Makes my day when someone else besides me bleeds.
  9. Offline

Shannon Eggel Member

It truly is amazing to me , how Owners can not see RED FLAGS , from there horse, I can walk up to a horse and feel the tension coming off of them before they even begin to show me there real issues, I got a new client yesterday , went out ,and he goes up to this mare and says oh you want kisses ??? the mare was clearly being aggressive and pinned her ears and threatened to bite him, i asked him if he had ever been bitten by a horse before? when he said no i asked if he would like to experience it today .Then pointed out the body language she presented. ugg
  10. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

One situation that causes Farrier Confrontations is talking about other Farriers behind their back. I will avoid this by talking about another Farrier in front of his back. This is when you say nice things publicly.
    As Tejun and I work near each other, I have been hearing good reports about his work and how those who use him and know my clients are very happy and notice improvement in their horses feet and movement.
    Good job outa Tejun.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Are you still giving him lessons bill
  12. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Shannon i had a client get bite on her bicep that swelled well over softball size and they had to go in and have the gelled blood removed. .
  13. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

John,
    Haven't spent time with Tejun lately as time and distance are too short and too long. I'm sure that any improvement he has shown in directly attributable to my influence.
    What I said in the above post about Tejun's improvement also applys to Shannon.
  14. Offline

Tejun Member

She is selling the horse but I think she will always consider herself the greatest horse zen master in the universe. Never to be taught anything ever again.
  15. Offline

Shannon Eggel Member

Thank You Bill .Your absolutely Right , I Have learned a Lot from you and I appreciate every thing you are willing to teach me . Even the Tard Questions ;) to see if im paying attention
  16. Offline

Shannon Eggel Member

Ouch !! Ive seen some Nasty bites from Horses.
  17. Offline

Tejun Member

Yes Mister Bill is the man. I'm glad I met him and I'm glad I was humble enough to listen and learn. Can't wait to hang out again.
  18. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Don't forget to bring straws . . .
  19. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

And this is what happens when the horse is owned by a brain dead twit suffering from TSS.

[IMG]
  20. Offline

Shannon Eggel Member

Straws ???