Feb. contest

Discussion in 'Farrier Photo Contests' started by ray steele, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Well, I will try to explain,because my dictionary don't know that word. In Spanish that tool is named "trabador" from the verb "trabar",english "to seize". It serve for to incline each tooth of the saws and handsaws outside. One tooth goes left and the next tooth goes right.
  2. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

IMAG0115.jpg IMAG0116.jpg ...can anyone tell me more about this one
  3. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Travis,

the 1st picture I believe is a shoe, modified to be a fence rail holder, the sharpened ends are driven into a post and another like it into another post so that the rails can be removed and the opening used as a gate, suggestion, look on the toe of the shoe and see if it has been hammered.

the heels of the 2nd shoe have been spooned, usually cone to horses that were/are shoe pullers by way of over reaching/forging, , I bet the shoe appears to be a front.......

What do you think?

Regards

Ray
  4. Offline

Damn ray I think your spot on about the fence thing...I found three wire together in old barn years ago...all have hammer marks at toe and it only being three all signs line up for what you describe...and sorry should been more clear in my above post that was one shoe the second pic was the toe of the shoe
  5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Travis,

broke my own rule............... never trust what you(me)) read into a picture........sorry for the misinformation

Regards

Ray
  6. Offline

Gabino Active Member

What's this tool?? It has a little channel into the mouth.

P1000680.JPG P1000681.JPG
  7. Offline

Gabino is it a hog ringer....a tool to put a ring in a pig nose to stop the pig from rooting up the pig pen..
  8. Offline

David Van Hook Member

Smaller versions are also used to apply upholstery staples that hold the covering material to car seats.

David
  9. Offline

David that very well may be what it is..I'm just quess on what I remember as a child growing up helping ringing hog nose and cutting off the balls ...my ears still ring from hearing pig yelling ..they make a god awful yelling
  10. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Gambino,Travis and David,

not sure if it could be what that tool was used for but it also could be to close a sack, instead if twine or sew up,

ray
  11. Offline

Gabino Active Member

I'm glad for see the american pigs use the ring in the nose too (y) Really..that tool WAS for it in the past. Actually is my tool for to put the piercings. If Craig Trnka is learning for tattoo, I want offer my services for put piercing. Two piercing in the nipple, two euros. Great discounts if the piercing is there down..
  12. Offline

David Van Hook Member

Travis, you were right in what you said. I've used those too. I was just trying to add to your statement. Upholsterers even call their's hog ring pliers, they just use a smaller version than the ones used on hogs.
  13. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Their ll be no commercialization of these forums................ how ever, if Craig will allow video, proceeds to , the charity of his choice..... i see nothing wrong with that......... just remember Craig gets the whatever, you give the discounts , charity get s the pay per view

Ray
  14. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

I thought that was Chris Gregory.