Flip side of licensing,for Karen

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Clint Burrell, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Thomas have you ever been banned from a forum? I think Eric might hold the record on Horseshoes.com for being banned.
  2. Offline

jack mac Guest

Not to Jack Mac & the Rants its BAND!!! bro :ROFLMAO: Thommy you need to get your own violin & stop borrowing Karen's . Thomas you have always been a manipulator. Why are you on a Farriers forum to begin with when your not a farrier ? Why are you not on a Harness forum ? Have you not been able to manipulate the moderators in to letting you decide who can post.Who should be banned & what information can be posted on harness forums. Quite a few people dislike me & my posts.think I'm rude & disrespectful BUT their are many who enjoy them. I pride my self on poor grammar & spelling. Simply because it gives those with good farrier skills who lack literary skills the courage to post; who other wise would not because of your mentality of bigoted predigest. I'm 100% sure there are farriers that refrain from posting on forums for fear of being set upon by the likes of you & Rick . You know maybe it should be you who's banned. After all your not a farrier so it wont be a loss to farrier topic.
  3. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Crazy ass DOEs have a point... ;)
  4. Offline

Pat Reilly Active Member

I don't mind stating that the very things you take pride in- your poor grammar, rude behavior and disrespectful attitude- are the very things which limit the perception of farriers as professionals within the horse community. All other issues aside, I am happy every time you are banned because I think others agree with my assessment of what is expected of farriers. I am not at your level. In fact, I am embarrassed to be considered by readers to be in the same profession as you.

I am a skilled professional. I communicate well with my colleagues and peers. I am intelligent. I am a farrier.
  5. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well pat If your ego lived up to your farrier Skills I might agree with you that you are a skilled professional . However through my eyes your farrier skills don't endorse my defined standard. It is of course in your mind & not mine so who am I to argue with you delusions of grandeur & what tic's in that cellular hunk of meat you seem to be so proud of . I class my self as unprofessional. Its less painfully boring at Dinner party's & helps do away with all the woffel & dullness of exchanging title's that cause one the urge to have a bowl movement .
  6. Offline

Pat Reilly Active Member

I have no great ego- I help some horses but not all who cross my mats. At least your eyes have seen my "farrier skills". Even if they don't meet your standards, at least I have the guts to post my work.

Take pride in being unprofessional. As far as I can tell it is all you have to hang your hat on.
  7. Offline

jack mac Guest

I hope your not wanting a professional reply. Because I'm out of stock. :D Take care & have a nice day Pat.
  8. Offline

Platerforge Guest

:love:
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

as the thread was about is the UK system; and it's pro's and con's.
    lets get back on our shoeing ideas.

ps; I was guilty too:oops:.......................
  10. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well my take on it is .While it stays in the UK then I think its a grate system for them if they want to march to that drum & good luck to them .But I would never be marching to it.
  11. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

hey Jack the wcf and the frc do not go round saying anything , the world goes to them , that is the problem , it makes a lot of brits believe they are better than they may actually be
  12. Offline

Platerforge Guest

sometimes familiarization breeds contempt
  13. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

JacMO are you in an internet pub? or brothel? or both? Please refrain from disin' me Pard Patrick. "Your Standards" are a digression of antiquiated methodologies that created the way farriers are viewed . Patrick has de-bunked that "view" on numerous occasions with fact of research and progressed the "view" of the farrier to an educated and tactful 'Knuckle Dragger".
  14. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well Mr Perry all a can say in my defence. It has been very poor judgement on my part to have brought the farrier profession in to such disrepute. My thinking farrierry might be about how well the horse is shod & performs after being attended to by a farrier.This now not being the case. Patrick has rightfully pointed out to me . Professionalism is every thing & should be viewed as the very paramount quality a farrier should posses . Regardless if one lacks the appropriate skills to perform the task of shoeing the horse for the client .
    Owners don't think of such trifling small detail. Only thinking of the wonderful professionalism they were afford ,while out & about hobbling along on their horse .
  15. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

Jack, professional and skilful are not mutually exclusive.

Try aiming higher and accomplishing both.

If you can't manage that just try staying silent instead of slagging off every farrier at every opportunity.

You're worse than any ignorant owner for slagging off the whole profession.
  16. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Wow! if the article is correct on all points.

In all my years I have never "removed shoe(s)" to revenge the failure of a horse owner'(s) neglect. I have always used the court and the infamous saying, "Your Fired!"

Thus in either case, a tax deduction.
  17. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

JacMO,
    In "Our Industry" or any other service industry there are levels of competencies. Thus, areas will settle into are learned and the unlearned. As for you and as stated in another forum, "I live in the bush". When Mal , a fellow "down under", visited a couple years ago he denoted "no one have ever shown him a situation of safety".
    Again , JacMO, a sense of "Professionalism" is not just showing up on time but knowing your job from past experiences and incorporating a discerning mindset of the "New" experiences of others that fits the "Level" of competency one has ascertained.

You my friend.................................
  18. Offline

Pat Reilly Active Member

I am sometimes amused by Jack's personal and professional insults (I think my favorite was a reference to my "pathetic life"). I am quite happy with my life. My clients are generally happy with me, my colleagues are generally happy with me, my wife and kids are generally happy with me. Without sounding immodest, I have a pretty cool job. I have had the opportunity to work on some excellent animals in several disciplines

I suppose I will just have to learn to live with the idea that I have disappointed a bloke who strives to be unprofessional. Somehow, I think I will learn to live with myself!
  19. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

The 'Bloke' is a sleep at this time.

Patrick your contribute; a view that crosses both boundaries. Mechanical and Medical is valued when taken into perception. There ya go: perception vs. perspective..... a chance to learn som'in'
  20. Offline

jack mac Guest

Here you go again you stupid little man making assertions :rolleyes: .I'm not slagging off farrier's. I am merely pointing out what is obvious to most who engages some ones professional serves . To claim to be a professional in any occupation you must first have the professional skills to perform the task required of you. I'm sure there are some very polite rather charming snake oil salesmen out there in the world. Some might even refer to them as professorial snake oil sales men.But I'd bet my bottom dollar no one was imprest with the results they where left with , after paying out their hard earned money for those professional services.