hello?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by monty.styron, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Offline

gary evans old and slow

I have learned a lot from pictures that folk have posted of their work on this site - Smitty, David Hall, Scruggs (when he used to post) and Michael Allen to name a few and others besides.

It also helps me to keep my standards up. I work alone and it's always easy to let your standards slip if you know that there's no one knowledgeable looking over your shoulder, so whilst I never go out with the intention of doing a job to take pictures of to post on this site, I do tend to work with the question in the back of my mind "would I be prepared to post this?"

If your work is criticised, it gives you something to work on to improve. If you don't agree with the criticism, ignore it or argue against it.

Either way it will make you think about what you do which, I think, can only be a good thing.

I wish everyone on here would post more of their work.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Offline

appaloosa 64 New Member

Thanks Bill, Ray and everyone else for your thoughts. As I told Ray we are just outside of Dawson Creek, BC (Mile Zero Alaska Highway). Could have been a lot worse as our Granddaughter was with us that night, (might be the only reason we are alive as she woke up half an hour before my wife noticed the fire). Managed to get the fire out and save our major possession's, that would have been a much worse loss. I am just thankful we came out safe and alive, about a week later I heard on the news about a family (Grandparents and 4 Grandchildren passed away in a house fire). We have moved an RV on the farm and are doing OK, just wish it would warm up again and my ankle would heel quickly but that won't happen as Doctor said not to walk on it but had no choice, finish moving sea-can in, unloading stock trailers and setting up RV. Community has been great (Benefit Dance for us tomorrow night). So thank you for the offers of help but we should be good.;)
    Rob Johnson
  3. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Hey Rob that's a shocker.... On a different note, I want to ride my old bike from Alaska to TDF in Argintina when I retire, I will stop for a coffee if that's ok?
  4. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

David! I live right on the coast highway. Will have a place to sleep and I'll show you all the local brewers and back roads, but you'll have to follow a Harley that may cramp your style.
  5. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Bill I have done that road, it was fabulous. If I had a big wallet I'd have a Harley too...
  6. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I used to have a big wallet, got the Harley and.......
  7. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Everybody I know with a Harley has a small wallet.
  8. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

Harleys are well knowen for there ability to compinsate for small things ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Offline

appaloosa 64 New Member

David: Anytime you or anyone else are travelling the Alaska Highway you are more than welcome to stop in. We are just outside of Dawson Creek. E-mail me through the forum when you are coming through! :)
    Rob Johnson