Here is my average work... just plain average. For Michael Allen

Discussion in 'Everyday Horseshoeing' started by Patty Lynch, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Offline

Patty Lynch Member

2. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Much improved Patty, I find you really don't go wrong shoeing to the COA..
  3. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Patty its always good to see work, forgive me but I altered your title as it read differently than you intended even with the full stop. :D
  4. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Patty concave has nothing to do with foot prep, fitting, fitting clips
    and nailing and finishing.
  5. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Patty, it's hard to judge from 2 pics.
    Start getting away from the Kert's all the time. the DF's Kert's are better. Try some concave; you'll love it.
  6. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Most of the pics you're trying to give your little hints about are only of the foot. So you don't really know the whole conformation and you don't know the pathology or job. You certainly don't know what the goal of anyone was with a particular shoeing. The only thing you really know is it's not fitting your idea of a good shoeing.

It would've been nice if you showed some everyday work on a big horse with something like a #5 foot and something that did a little bit more than nothing for a living.
  7. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Patty, never, just never settle for average, just plain average ever in your work.....always strife to be the best in your shoeing.
  8. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Jissus,

now it is size of hoof that determines what ever...................................

Eric,

your full of shyte/shit/ excrement of what ever organism one chooses.

ray steele
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Actually, repeating what I said earlier........you should never ever settle just plain average!!!!

Eric is right.
  10. Offline

Platerforge Guest

11. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Always try to the best you can be.
    I just shod this horse today......using handmade concave shoes for the first time.
    Work on being the best at your work.

ps......this is not perfect by any means; like Smitty, Chris, Dave Kelly, Eric's work........ect.
  12. Offline

jacob1 Member

That looks nice.
  13. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Well Smitty says he shod one with 23" of 1 1/4" x 1/2" - so what size is that, HUH? o_O
  14. Offline

Patty Lynch Member

Linda, I honestly don't know any farrier that strives to be average. The title, post and pics were tongue in cheek. I do (I know! Hard to believe, right?) have horses in concave, some with lateral pins or p13's even (gasp!). Those are mostly my 4th level and Grand Prix dressage horses, especially those that go on asphalt from the barn to the show ring. One rode with Bettina Drummond this weekend.... maybe you know who that is? The two I posted don't sit and do nothing. They head to HITS (Saugerties, NY) next week along with a horse that I have been working on from Arron Vale (maybe you know who that is too?). Most of my eventers, especially the one from Boyd Martin (maybe you've heard of him?) go in Eventer Advantage's. Sometimes perception and reality are really quite different. If I thought for a nanosecond it would make a difference, I would care to take pics. I don't photograph every horse and I try to be respectful to my owners.

I only have one #5 in shoes. She's an Irish Draught with EPSM. Shoeing is fun, and pics are really the last thing on my mind when I'm done. I have some foxhunters in 4's but the rest of my heavies are bare.
  15. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

Im a little confused. Did the photos get deleted? I dont see anything more then "ok".

I wish I could see them. I do appriciate you posting them to start.
  16. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

That only applies to farriers that strive.... I know plenty that don't strive at all, just slap 'em on. I'm sure sure we all do.
  17. Offline

Platerforge Guest

I think so.
  18. Offline

Platerforge Guest

there are more that DON'T than DO!
  19. Offline

Platerforge Guest

ps. unless the horse is horrible bad!!! (No TQ...then I tell them I'll do what I can);
    but always strive to do your best at all of your shoeing
  20. Offline

Platerforge Guest

*I know of plenty who don't strives to be good.
    *sometimes it's best not to be so tongue in cheek.
    *Name dropping is not proper.
    *with permission you can post pics! {as long as ...no name horse with no name owner, ect.}
    *2 pics just looked average.........show some of yours that has different types of work.
    *have shod famous horses/people and have many accomplishments in 23 years of shoeing; before women were accepted