Hoof pics at 6 weeks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

OK Mr Underpants. No one said you pretended. But you are hardly prepared to deal with your own image when it is reflected back to you. You sure do protest much at that don't you?

I agree your "gladly" friend had some good intentions, cause that same very far sighted person courted Karen's attentions to this board as a moderator. But you were a poor choice.

Oh Look !! A gaping beak!! Jump Mr underpants ! Jump! Next thing you know you will blow out the other end a free seed!
  2. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

OMG, courtship! Eric the cat herder . . . all cougars, no doubt.
  3. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

012 (3).jpg

002 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg

This was the best I could do till the farrier comes. :)
  4. Offline

The only thing I agreed to is that the leverage is doing that crack no favors. Right is right, no matter who it comes from. Sadly.
  5. Offline

Well , now it be David and Ray.
  6. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Why in hell did you ask for opinions, then argue with them? If you're telling someone how to trim this horse, and have been for a while, you need to sit down, shut up, and let him do his job. "Being involved in a farrier forum for five years" means shit.
  7. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Travis stop swearing at women please!!!!!! The above post would say the same thing and be less offensive.
  8. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Just blame Travis' mother; she certainly dropped the ball when domesticating him...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Karen that looks like a fungal or bacterial infection that has given rise to the split. Sort of white line disease. It needs kerating and filling with iodine swabs or the American equivalent as I know you guys have better products. The state of the trim will have no bearing on that fissure with the capsule being as tight as it is.
  10. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

Looks to me like some sort of disintegration or separation at white line.

Are you treating for that? if not then what's the purple stuff.

I personally don't understand why you're messing about rasping toes. Doesn't look to me like you're adding or improving anything.
  11. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Are her walls that thin? What's the rasping above the crack?
  12. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

I presumed that was Karen's attempt?? Isn't it?
  13. Offline

Never asked any questions. Maybe comments wanted because most of these farriers here have seen all the bs trims I've posted. Some thinking I'll never find a farrier., LOL. I like this trim. It's held up well over 6 weeks. IMO.

This is my thread. I don't have to sit down and shut up. I don't tell any farrier how to trim my horse. I listen. And being involved in a farrier forum has given me much knowledge.

Your foul mouth reminds me of a sixteen year old who's trying to fit in with the adults. Or maybe the swearing draws the attention away from what's in your pants.
  14. Offline

You are 100% right-and that's not my opinion, it was my farrier's opinion. However, 6 weeks ago when he was here, the crack wasn't there, just the chip. I'll let you know he's going to do. You think shoes are needed for the treatment as well?
  15. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Travis, can you please STOP making the girls think about what's in you pants.
  16. Offline

Yes, Thomas, I tried to lessen the leverage to the crack. A bandaid till the farrier comes out.
  17. Offline

Pretending you belong doesn't give you what you're pretending is in your pants.
  18. Offline

Hi Kim, I did the best I could backing up the toe to lessen the leverage of that long toe-till the farrier gets here. The wall may look thin , but what I did won't be there after a trim.
    The light rasping above the crack, well I was going to rasp a line to stop the crack, but stopped because I know nothing about doing it.
  19. Offline

You just said you can't find a farrier and talked about your BS trims. Now your farrier's opinion matters.
    Stick to chickens. At least you can eat your mistakes.
  20. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Rasping a line above the crack does nothing to stop it. There's debate on whether burning in a line works. Think you may have placed more pressure with reducing the wall that much. There's a fine line between reducing toe leverage and creating additional pressure on the wall with thinning it. Pounds per square inch deal.

Did you talk with your farrier before doing it? I ask because of him making you swear to leave it alone deal. Afraid he might be insulted if not consulted. :unsure: