Hoofcare and Lameness Magazine What's Up?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PATRICK FALVEY AFA CF, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

She even told me I would get a cd of back issues for my troubles and being so patient.

I never got that either. But hey, just like she told me once... "You have the website to look at."

I didn't pay for a website subscription I paid for a quarterly journal.

Cody Gilreath, CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

I have all my paperwork and most of my correspondence with her, too bad it's been a few years. But if anyone needs some documentation, I have some.

Cody Gilreath, CF

3. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

you all cant be dreaming your owed your money back
  4. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Wish in one hand, spit in the other. See which one fills up first...............
  5. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

it kills me to hear those storeys
  6. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Not expecting to get my money back.
  7. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Me neither. I am hoping that others will see or hear about this and not get scammed.

Regards
  8. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

I agree 100%. No one wants to keep beating a dead horse but others need to know its not as George says its as justan cody and all the others that got took... Others need to know she will take your money right know ..you will never get a mag you will not get your money back its a straight up scam to its fullest..she is a black eye to the farrier trade and will always be a black eye until she owns up to her flaw and steps up to the plate.. and anyone who see it diff is being foolish and I bet my last dollar if it was a guy doing this they would have no one standing up for him.. she's getting a bush bond plan and simple..she plays off man's ego and some men are to foolish to see that... Just like her telling someone to write an article only a fool would fall for that ..she's playing a frail ego ..
  9. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

The local news station over there would probably love to here of a local fraud scam going on.

Cody Gilreath, CF

10. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

Dang glad i read this was about to subscribe to that magazine glad i didnt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  11. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I got an email this morning directing me to the BBB site. The message they posted follows:

Dear Richard Shepherd :

This notification is in regards to your complaint submitted on 10/14/2012 9:34:13 AM against Hoofcare Books. Complaint # 9258799.

BBB has closed complaint #9258799 as No Response from the Business.

Unfortunately Hoofcare Books has decided not to respond to your complaint ##9258799. BBB can't force the business to respond to this complaint and BBB has closed the complaint as No Response. This complaint will be publicly reported on the business's BBB Business Review for 36 months.

BBB has educational tips as well as a directory of government agencies that may be able to assist you further with your complaint. Please visit boston.bbb.org/consumers to review this information.

Thank you.
    Better Business Bureau
  12. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

They told me the same thing.

Cody Gilreath, CF

13. Offline

Paddy Falvey New Member

Hi there,

Just an update on how my subscription is(n't) going.

Mid August, to now, thats 3 and a half months. No magazine yet. Despite a promise all things were to be fixed and restructured, from the writer of the magazine.

Hoofcare and Lameness magazine. Seems pretty lame to me. Infact non-existent, and also very lame.

Gotta agree with 95% of respondents so far. It is pretty crooked. Because it is very crooked.

Over 10 years of not supplying goods and charging thru visa and the rest of them. Thats some real Federal Financial Fraud Scam for you.

Wake up people. I reported her to the FBI. Nothing.

This person is a professional scam artist.

Regards,

paddy Falvey CF
  14. Offline

Cody Gilreath Member

Paddy, honestly, I don't think anything will ever be done about it. She has too many followers and friends of the industry. Look her up on Facebook, 255 of my friends are friends of hers and many on this site. That's just the way it is, my wife says I have to let it go cause I was furious for the first couple of years after it happened to me. I will always feel like she stold from me and look forward to meeting her in person.

Cody Gilreath, CF

15. Offline

slowshoe Member

Im not very satisfied with the quality of work put out in the AFJ. I often see poor shoe fit and sloppy work printed. The stories are fine, but I feel like I'm not reading a serious trade magazine when I read the AFJ. A lot of times I feel like I'm reading advertisements with the occasional article.

What magazine do you like John?

-Josh
  16. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Josh, the AFJ turned into fluff, think People magazine, when Frank bought it. He does a good job with the IHCS but drops the ball with the mag; there's no depth; like it's been written to be read, by non farriers,in doctors' office waiting rooms
  17. Offline

Paddy,

You really need to get PayPal involved at this point. If you file a dispute - item not received - they may be able to help you. If anything, you may be able to get her PayPal account closed.

Unfortunately the PayPal fund protection guarantee only extends for 45 days. Fran is very good at convincing people that "we are getting ready to publish a new issue" and that seems to get everyone to let the problem slide past the time where credit card and eCommerce companies have any power to reverse the transaction.
  18. Offline

Paddy,

Try this, and a followup telephone call to ask the AG if she gives a damn about cyber crime of if it's just lip service.

Office of the Attorney General, Fraud and Financial Crimes Division, One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108

Contact Us:

Phone: (617) 963-2223
    Fax: (617) 727-5755
    Mail: Office of the Attorney General, Fraud and Financial Crimes Division, One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108
  19. Offline

ray steele Administrator

George, whilst the fanciest truck or a load of advertisement may not seem to have much value, at least the AFJ delivers a piece or a # of pieces of paper per issue as agreed upon.... i m hearing that folks have bought and paid for subscriptions to H& L and do not even receive the paper.....

lets not deflect the subject.... as has been posted ,nothing or no one has found away to address this, and it seems that even though the publisher has been personally called about it when it was a topic on Horseshoes, from what has been posted, if I understand correctly,she has continued to take peoples money and not delivered .

A few weeks ago, I was asked if I thought it was worthwhile keeping FF going, to answer that, if only to keep this type of subject in front of others ,it is! at least some 200 members can make themselves aware of what is said to be happening in situations like this. If they each tell their "friends " about it then maybe 800 will know and eventually it might stop.

I know Fran and consider her a friend, that I can remember I have not bought anything from or thru her publication, maybe but i m not sure some advertising , but I'm not buying anything from her business until this matter gets rectified. I can have a short memory at times, and it is reminders like this thread that give me info to base decisions on . Hopefully others will also.

Ray
  20. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I won a year's subscription to the AFJ as a door prize at a clinic a couple of years back. I only got one issue, but didn't care enough to do anything about getting the rest.
    On the subject of door prizes, winning a pair of fine Ray Steele tongs is the cat's meow.