Hoofcare and Lameness Magazine What's Up?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PATRICK FALVEY AFA CF, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Lee Smith New Member

This is the first time I have ever posted on the internet, so bear with me.
    I ordered The Glass Horse in 3D from Fran Jurga's site. Waited the three weeks. The check was cashed and no product was ever sent. Called and called and e-mailed multiple times. What a crook. Read your posts and what a shock it is. Contacted her distributor and found out they also had trouble with her checks. She hasn't ordered anything from them for a while now but she is on a cash only basis. They took pity on me and got me a copy of the software. What angels. What can I do to help get the word out about this crook? I am a natural trimmer. Farriers and trimmers need to unite against this unscrupulous woman!

Lee Smith
  2. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Wow, keeps getting worse.
  3. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

You reckon the glass horse was a misunderstanding...lol.. George this last post sure sums it up..she's just a plain ol run of the mill con women..scumish ways ..nothing more ..and I find it puzzling anyone would stand up for her actions..
  4. Offline

Platerforge Guest

from what I understand is.......that you get 4 issues.....that is printed up as she gets to it.....and the issues are a period up quite a few years to receive them. It is why I never ordered. I just buy it as I see them in a few left overs in old tack stores.
    I have meet Fran and she has been for the farriers and supported them and is a strong advocate for all shoers; but marketing and sales is not her strong suit. She should have given the task to another with a handle on sales, marketing and printing in the publishing industry.
  5. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

Linda we have been over this several times. She has told that lie to you and George so long your starting to believe it.
  6. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

4 ISSUES PER YEAR according to the subscription agreement terms.

10 years without a new issue.

Exactly WHAT has she done to "support" farriers? It is farriers and advertisers that have supported her in exchange for her published material.

Advocate in what venue? I've never seen her advocate anything for which she was not compensated.

I beg to differ. She is very good at marketing and selling. Where she fails is on DELIVERY and INTEGRITY.

Nobody want's to do business with a crook.
  7. Offline

They feel sorry for her because she is a victim. :p
  8. Offline

Linda now you are just insulting the hell out of us with common sense...first of all lee has said not one word about that damn phantom Mag ....lee is saying he/she ordered a product that all she has to do is pay wholesale and sale retail ..and my dear when she can't pull that off than there is a huge issue... In fact my youngest child of 7 has a full understanding when setting up her cool aid stand that when folks drop her 25 cents in return she has to hand them a product ... And when she runs out of product an adult don't even have to tell her the sale is over...
  9. Offline

But if your daughter has been "for farriers and supported them" (whatever that means:rolleyes: ) then it is OK for her to keep the money and not make any more cool aid. These are valuable ethical lessons we should be teaching our children so they can grow up understanding how it is OK for the people you like to steal and not OK for the people you don't like to steal.
  10. Offline

Lol... You have hit the nail on the head Tom..it seems if they like her for some ungodly reason its ok for her to STEAL.. let's call it what it is....I'm complete flabbergasted at the folks that make excuses for a thief ... Has anyone ever just put her feet to the fire right on her Facebook page... I find it funny she says she will not come to forums..well no shit but I be willing to bet her reason she gives and the truth are miles apart..shes a blogger she don't want debate or a chance to tell her side.. she reads this stuff she knows what she's done..
  11. Offline

George I quess up north the word friend means something diff...my neck of the woods we hold our true friends accountable..she's not your friend ..she could come on and clear this up and not allow you to keep sticking your neck out for her.. bottom line is some don't wanna admit there wrongs..99 damn people can't be still telling a damn lie for the last five years
  12. Offline

ray steele Administrator

*********************************************************************************
    rays reply

George,

you d have to pay me to think about such things................. and since you brought up the weather, can you make this last few days continue till April?

but i have a question for you, if i ever sell you any farrier related item, would it be ok if i ask for the money up front and will you promise to defend me like this if i don't send it to you for say 5 years? if yes ,i found something you might like, and it s only say $ 79.00. oh yeah you say you send cash.................. I d prefer a check, for the record, if you move between now and whenever i get it out to you, please keep me informed of your current address. and be sure to tell your friends and have them order also.

ray
  13. Offline

The allegations are true and quite provable. But despite substantial hard evidence, it appears impossible to get any government agency to prosecute. To wit;
    1. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3.gov) has not responded to my report filed almost a year ago. ZERO followup.
    2. The attorney General of the state of MA has herself been the victim of identity theft, but despite that her office has no automated means of reporting computer fraud "as a crime," only as a consumer complaint - similar to the Better Business Bureaucracy. On the telephone I could not get their representative to give me a straight answer as to whether or not the AG is interested in prosecuting crime, ANY CRIME.
    3. The local police . . . speeding tickets only.
    4. The FBI, refers all cyber crime complaints to the IC3, which is a black hole where reports . . .
    What's really interesting about this is that just about anybody with the authority to actually bring criminal charges is either an elected official or a member of a government employee's union, which makes it just about impossible to hold any of them accountable for not doing their jobs.
  14. Offline

Paddy Falvey New Member

Lots of Interest, and a good talk this morning, regarding the issue at hand.

Basically stold the money. Cheers Cody. Everybody agrees that there is an issue with a website and publishing company providing false advertising and no goods, plus false promises.

I wouldn't expect the farriers publishing media to want to get involved as this is a legal issue.

George stands up for his friend. OK - respect granted.

This is not any personal issue, but a business one, but it feels that so many people have become entangled in somebody elses mess and wrong doing, and this has become highly annoying to see so many people frustrated. Frankly, taking money fraudulently, off the table of the hard working farrier is cutting into some body and their family income, when all is said and done.

Broad issue. Hit's a raw nerve with me. Not satisfied with current situation. But feel for everybody who continues to get scammed by this individual. This person should alter their manner of business and stop this mess in order to maintain any sense of purpose within the farrier publishing sector of the farriery and Hoofcare industry. Clearly, we do not tolerate this behaviour, have tried to do something within the complaint pre-legal framework, which seems to be not that effective.

It seems Paypal are the individuals most likely to hit a button on our behalf.

Regards,

Paddy Falvey CF
  15. Offline

Lee Smith New Member

Fran Jurga cashed my check for my order through the mail for The Glass Horse The Distal Limb and never has responded to my phone calls or e-mails. She is a con. Don't trust any order through her company (not through any of her addresses). I have alerted all of my friends and they will alert their friends, and so on, and this should circulate quickly through the internet. A glove in your face, Fran!