horseshoes.com

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Red Amor, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Jack Evers,

I tried to respond to your post on horseshoes, but it blew me off the site with the dreaded 404 error as usual. Same thing as always with the search function. First search returned no results, second resulted in another 404 blowout.

With the dearth of content over there now, it's really not worth the trouble of constantly clearing cookies and then reentering logins and passwords for all the sites I visit.

By the way, are you going to the Summit this year? How about you Mark G.

Regards
  2. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Rick, which search are you using? Using the kunena search should find things in the forum with no problem. Using the search towards the top of the page is third party search from the makers of the template which I believe is the cause of the cookies problem in the first place.
  3. Offline

Thanks Eric.

I couldn't get the third party one to even start. I've been trying to use the one on the tab. I use Firefox version 17.0.1, which is the latest version. I have tried Windows 7 starter with the same result, but I haven't tried that for a while. The deal is, presently, I have no need to use horseshoes.com. It's not the place it was a year ago. I just keep checking occasionally hoping it will get better. This site is eating hoeseshoes lunch, and will soon own it's fridge.

Regards
  4. Offline

What's interesting is I spent a few hours yesterday and today looking into converting from the current horseshoes.com software to other software. I was able to convert to this software, which farriersforum is using, and I had someone offer to make passwords work for free. I contacted alex a few times today and finally sent steve an email and called him yet I have not heard from either of them.
  5. Offline

David Van Hook Member

I've been using google chrome for a while and have absolutely no issues with horseshoes at all. The only thing is that there is absolutely no traffic there anymore, everyone seems to be here now.

David
  6. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

David I'm using Chrome and get the same problem as everyone else.

Never a problem getting it on my Android device however.

However as others have mentoned there is almost no point..
  7. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Well,

not that it takes much to do it ,being the simple basturd that i choose to be, but i m confused, i had gotten into www.horseshoes.com previously, then was 404d , had to go in via my wife s computer then was 404d, then could go in on mine but eventually 406th only via her i pad, now i get a 404 error on all............. how come? ERIC, puter general, how come............in english that is translatable.....

thanks in advance

Ray
  8. Offline

Shane Wood Oklahoma

As best I understand...
    Your computer is storing information (called cookies) to "make the pages load faster"...but because of the way it (the site) is set up it never does away with the old info...only adds to it. So after a few visits to the site and different pages there is too much info(too big of a cookie) stored on your computer. Therefore your computer can't load the site. The cookies(and cache) have to be cleared then you will be able to get back on the site. That's why when you switch to another computer it lets you in...no old info (cookies).

Clear as mud???
  9. Offline

Those errors sure are a pain. It sounds like Alex is back to working on fixing the site. It's been over a year to fix something that should take less than a week to fix so I don't have much faith. :whistle:
  10. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Shane,

thanks for that info,
    i cleared the cookies and i was let back in , 3 times and then 404d
    isn t there a button that can disable cookies?
    is the 404 caused by my computer or by that program, that i know of ,i don t leave any crumbs in the cookie jar.

again thanks for the help

Regards

Ray
  11. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Its like a bad marriage, we can all dwell on the great times we had, keep battling on trying to make it work! But when its all one way the time comes to just move on. The blue site has now taken the place of the previous one for me. it can 404 all it likes but I am not bothered.
  12. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

The site has all the qualities of a government project.
  13. Offline

Shane Wood Oklahoma

Ray what program do you use to access the web? Firefox/mozzila, Internet explorer, Safari...?
  14. Offline

Shane Wood Oklahoma

Ray...

After disabling cookies on my browser I have been able to cruise around horseshoes very well...one problem. Without cookies you can't log in and post anything. :confused:
  15. Offline

Dear Red States:

We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics and we've decided we're leaving.

We in New York intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of The Enlightened States of America (E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ol' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

We're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,

Citizen of the Enlightened States of America
  16. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

fine with me. that's why l have land and I'm not afraid to work it.
  17. Offline

Well you can export the good weed to the blue states. :D
  18. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

LOL
  19. Offline

Tom,

I just noticed I gave you your 100th like for that post.

Regards
  20. Offline

Hmmmm. . . check my online banking to see how much that has improved my net worth . . . after the exorbitant "blue site taxes."