is something changing?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray steele, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Just got notice that the load of leather that I cut my pads from will be priced the same as the last two loads per pound!

I can t remember when the last time that happened.

It will be interesting to see what the trucking will be from Texas.Last month the load of 180 cc tips was up $100.00 for the same load a year ago from the same place, and fuel was down.

ray
  2. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Well, fuel has gone down but the cost to transport this leather is up $.0725 / lb. !

ray
  3. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Fuel is down a little but most other things associated with transportation are still high.
  4. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

I think everyone is hedging the bets of Iranian oil coming back on the market. Fuel here has dropped as well.
  5. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

our gas was down to $2.34, then they decided to "do Maintenance" on our nearest refinery so gas is back to $3.29 today. you would almost think the oil companies were a bunch of shoers?
  6. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

For the first time in almost 20 years diesel is cheaper than gas at the pump - at least here in southwest Florida.
  7. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

Diesel had been significantly cheaper than gas here until about 7-8 years ago then it went through the roof, even higher than high test. Now it's down to about the same cost as mid grade.