Light truck toolbox

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KyleK, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Offline

KyleK Member

Hi fellas,
    I am setting up a new shoeing rig and I would like to pic your brains for ideas or some photos for inspiration. I thought about doing a hard top and slide out but I honestly dont use enough gear to warrent using the entire box. Also considered a toneau cover (just a flat cover for the box).

But what I am leaning towards is basically a toolbox that takes up the back half of the box. All I need to fit in it is my shoeing box. Anvil and forge plus room to hang tongs, storage for nails etc.

Anyone run a setup like that? I only plan on using bar stock and making shoes on the spot so I dont need shoe racks etc.

I know what I have to build really but more looking for photos of similar.

Thank you!

Kyle
  2. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Show us your set up at the moment
  3. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

My suggestion is make the box open from the side not the top. I have seen guys working out of a top opening box and it looks like a pain. They have to climb into the bed to unload then again every time they need something.
  4. Offline

KyleK Member

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Here is version 1.0 I will probably work out the kinks with this and then make one out of aluminium. 3/4" birch ply with a bedliner shell. Pricetag for everything around $300 not including beer

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  5. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Nice thing about doing yourself, is you can make exactly what you want a lot cheaper. Looks isn't everything, but being functional is.