Long Toe?

Discussion in 'Everyday Horseshoeing' started by Eric Russell, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Offline

Josh Ramsey Member

Looks like a good improvement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

3. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

You really need to see his work after he eats lunch..WOW!
  4. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

thanks! I'm really just trying to make the point that not all feet with long angles are distorted and need shoes set back an 1" in order to get the feet back together.
  5. Offline

Layne Member

Did you rocker the toe the same amount this time ? looks very good... if you were to give a simply answer :) what would you say you did different than the other shoer ? just interested in your thoughts ..
  6. Offline

I took the rocker out. I left the heels a little bit higher so I was able to trim the toe quarters down more without laming him. I could've moved the rocker forward, on the shoe, a little but decided not to.

I don't remember much about the other guys job. Probably just changed the trim up a bit.
  7. Offline

Oh and I'm shoeing this guy at 4 weeks for at least the next time or two. I don't think I'll make any progress if I extend him out.
  8. Offline

Layne Member

i agree with the four week cycle till he gets under himself a little better.... im sure the way your trimming him wont hurt either :)
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

better, Eric and this is going to take a year; but it will happen; keep thread rolling on each shoeing; and we can see how and what it takes; and how the horses hoof changes thur the shoeing cycle.:)..........good job.
  10. Offline

Platerforge Guest

correct; take your time. same for me as I shoe a lot of OTTB's like this; and others here.
  11. Offline

Platerforge Guest

ps......there will be lines like that for a while till the balance is restored.
  12. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Do you also adjust the angle of the rocker according to the angle of the foot or do you rocker them all the same? Do you consider the working surface and do you observe the horse in work and incorporate that information into your decision?
  13. Offline

yep

nope

nope