Milled tooth files/(rasps)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray steele, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Happens all the time, Bill. A couple of weeks ago got a nail run into my thigh. Fortunately it was only a 5 slim. Right through the leather on the chaps, through the jeans and into my leg. Got out from under the horse in rather a hurry and the trainer said "Is everything OK?" I said "no, that dumb bitch just ran a nail into my leg" By that time I had the chaps off and the blood was soaking through the jeans. The trainer asked "Are you going to be able to finish shoeing the horse or do I need to call someone else"? I won't entertain you with my colorful reply.........
  2. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

You know you have a faithful client if they call 911 before another Farrier.
  3. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

I got fired for leaving a bloody hand print on a white horse after it openned up my palm. I even finished the pig.
  4. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Wow. Just Wow. I think I would have made an effort to spread the word about that to the other farriers in my area if that happened to me. The owner might find another farrier, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a good one. It's probably a good thing to get fired by someone like that.

Regards
  5. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Rick, That gal probably replaced me with somebody not in our assoc. that I never met without a problem. Things are getting bad here in Michigan with this 5-6 yr recession. The horse racing has tanked. The show business is not far behind. Boarding barns with too many empty stalls. Auction price for a decent broke trail/4H horse is only$250 to $500, unbroke colts $100. Hay prices $8 to $12 a bale. It's dog eat dog.
    The trainers that I taught to pull a sprung shoe and tack it back on are now hanging their shingle out as shoers and undercutting prices cause there's not many colts to train around here.