My first 3/4 fullered

Discussion in 'Horseshoeing Competitions and Handmade Horseshoes' started by Christos Axis, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

Yes send it on i will try it out for ya
  2. Offline

ray steele Administrator

George,

this is perfect, don't say a word to Smitty about this idea,

He has offered to come over and take pictures of you making your tools....let him have at it, he's a man of his word so ask him to come, I'll even let him use my Kodak, Brownie instamatic, the one that you advance the black and white film with the small hand crank.

While John is here taking pictures we could have an xtra anvil and forge set up, maybe a horse or two and voila, a clinic is born,

there are a couple of little logistic problems to be taken care of,like where to have such a clinic,

I heard that New Bolton has a guy, Reilly I think is the name, sounds eyetalian to me, anyway he might know of a place in and around that could have a few of us. Philly area could be good cause I know a place that might put him up for a night or two .

Now the tough part, if held in that part of the country ,Bloomer and Adams might show up, now mind ya ,I have nothing against them and their kind, except they like Guinness, and so do I, so we would need to be careful that we don't over extend, of course they could be controlled by telling them that Karen Fletcher will be there to moderate, I know,I know, she says that she likes the Guinness also but we could give her a pint of Beamish, or Murphys, she won't know the difference and those two will be too busy to touch the Guinness ! If we say NO JAMESON, they'll not be a chance that Perry will show up, find a date for Kim, and tell Eric that there's a party somewhere and I think we could have a private clinic. Send Travis a "grandpa phone" you know the ones with wires, he'll spend the whole time trying to figure out how to app it. All the others I think might be ok.

This could work!

What do you think, should we start another thread to find out if there is an interest? But keep it under your hat, if Smitty finds out about it he may have designs on my camera and my stout. SHHHHHH.

Regards

Ray Steele
  3. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

I grew up with a rotary phone! I actually miss it. If you needed to save a number, you wrote on the pad nailed to the wall next to it!
  4. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Travis, didn't you find the app yet that makes your phone a rotary phone? It's pretty cool, even makes the clicking sound. But no cord.

Ray, I would probably know the difference between Guiness and Murphy's. (But I'll just pretend I don't know)
  5. Offline

What's the difference? Rotella with piss in it versus Penzoil with piss in it?
  6. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

Ray , cannot speak for David but my service catshead was a "whitehouse " , the one God gave me was a "whitehouse " , it seemed a very popular hammer and been customised in the same manner David has done with his . i have scourced some new ones , i might get one and have a tinker , as a matter of interest when do we stop being youngsters ?
    chris
  7. Offline

God gave you a hammer?
  8. Offline

George , get it sorted , i a packing my bag
    chris
  9. Offline

well
    Ray it seems i lied , one scource was wrong , they dont have "catshead hammers " admin error they said , my other scource now tells me they have the whitehouse "catshead " but no clipping tit or bar , i will have a look at them when i pass there in a couple of weeks time , priced at £40.00 uk plus tax
    chris
  10. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Match maker match maker make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch . . . sometimes I really miss my high school choir. :D
  11. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Chris,

I sourced some with the clipping bar,so they said , I'll post a pic when I can. Do you know why or how that hammer got called a "catshead" ?

Regards

Ray
  12. Offline

have not got a clue , after speaking to a couple of retired farriers they say there were several makes of catshead all very different shapes and sizes , how about Frank Turley (is that right ? ) ,he might know
  13. Offline

I think Frank is the guy that led the change from bronze to iron, so he'd be the guy to ask. Lol.
  14. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

George Ray gave me a bell around tea time the other evening
    i was on my way home from work.

it was a surprize phone call
    my wife tells me America is in the pipe line in the near future

there is a few things going on at the moment in the family
    that need our attention.

but there is an interest
  15. Offline

ray steele Administrator

16. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

17. Offline

18. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Here are some pixs of the "Whitehouse" catshead hammer(the blue one) and a Heller catshead. Does anyone know if the protusions on either side of the head were specifically for drawing clips?

I've got 8 of these hammers(Whitehouse) I'll sell 7 of them if anyone wants one. $60.00 ea. usd fob Gill. Think of it ,they were made in Great Britian , Chris B. said that he thought he could get them for 40 sterling, at about $1.60 usd/ British Pound, I can sell them here for less than where they came from! Great country we live in.

Regards

Ray Steele

Attached Files:

19. Offline

david a hall Moderator

This is the same hammer after some work on the boulder. Makes a dream of a hammer.

IMG00038-20120615-2307.jpg
  20. Offline