Navicular Shoes

Discussion in 'Everyday Horseshoeing' started by Platerforge, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Offline

George Spear Member

Well then you have made a bargain with the devil. You earn you livelihood under circumstances that force working too fast to shoe correctly. Many of my customers like to get ex-racers from the rescues after they break down on the track. I apprenticed with a gentleman who did lots of standardbred racehorses and chose not to follow in his footsteps so instead of setting things up to be part of the team (farrier in a hurry, trainer, owner, racing industry in general) that damages the horses I am part of the team that repairs them and gives them second careers as regular peoples horses.

I don't know if there are not options at the track. I remember Phil telling me about spending a day or two with a farrier who works a lot at suffolk downs who takes his time sets em up right and charges much more than the whack and tack farriers at the downs. Phil can you help me out here with the details of this gentlemans practice. One can also walk away from practices that you do not feel are in the best interests of the horses.
  2. Offline

George Spear Member

Nice work gabino. I have used reverse shoes from time to time as well.
  3. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Good gabby! Per the literature from UPenn research, praphrased: "In most theraputic shoeing the range of effectiveness will be in about 10-14 days on average".
  4. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

He had to do a reset George. Probably why that is showing again
  5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

interesting george,

i did delete those and others,
    and your replying to my statement,yet my statement does not appear.
    this type of stuff take alot of time, i didn't get much work done today because of this problem,just because someone gets their jollys screwin with folks conversations. course if you and others had stayed on subject this would not be being discussed either.

i ll delete what s left when i get an ok from andy that doing so will not screw something else up.

oh and george ,thanks for keeping count of things,gooses and all

ray
  6. Offline

Platerforge Guest

so I have used the KB nav eggbars with good results.