New Rasp and reworked mill tooth plane

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray steele, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Just got notice that the 300 "Preffereds " are scheduled for delivery on Friday ,May 28th.

I had a call from Northern Ireland bout a price for shippin some there and it looks like about $7.00 each if shipped by the dozen to there, gives a rough idea to folk. bout $60.00 each ,delivered.
    I looked up a site in England and Pferds are trading for 49.50 gbp, roughly $71.00 ea, I could not find a dozen price

ray
  2. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

I just sharpened my preferred today. Still love it. Dragging a little on the hard feet, but it does well if I lighten up. I really like the fine side. They have figured that part out.

I just have to keep telling myself to lighten up and not push as hard.
  3. Offline

ray steele Administrator

From the reports I getting back, I believe we have got the fine points down,

Some have said that this batch of Mill tooth files remind users of the original Pferds,
    Now to keep up the consistency.

Regards

Ray
  4. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Just called Ireland yesterday for another report on the "Preffered " mill tooth, over 1 month of use reported as opposed to Save Edge regular or Beast, thet considers 1 week ,still has not been sharpened or buffed, as I understand, used for leveling and a minor amt of finishing.
    Request is in for a 2.25 inch version,

Ray