Normal practice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by marty, May 4, 2013.

1. Offline

gary evans old and slow

Anybody else like to give costs for these items vs the cost of a set of shoes in the area where they live?
  2. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Josh is pretty spot ..Gary keep in mind I drive 30 miles to my first everyday.. but my three bedroom home and a little under 5 acres was 100k two years ago and I had to do a little work like paint the kit...but had new bath and tile and heat and cooling pump when I purchased but tthat's pretty close to a new house same size but no land just lot..trim 40.. front shoes 85 to 90.. full shoes 150......gas is 3.30 a gal ..diesel fuel 4.20 a gal.... The Shoeing prices I give are in a metro area they go down on the country side to 85 full set..65 fronts and still 40 on trims ... Full time farrier should do 125 k a year that shoes in the metro... A ford f 250 will run 38k ...
  3. Offline

david a hall Moderator

I live in a 3 bed house!!!! and am very cheap because my customers need the charity.
  4. Offline

ray tyron Member

Beats liveing in a tent shoeing for free ;)
  5. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

or living in a cardboard box and paying them to shoe their horses
  6. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

Hammering down clips.........Done it, Don't make it a habbit, never had a problem with it and never nocked a farrier for doing it.

If horse get sore from it then you trimmed to short or screwed up your fit.