oº Palmar Angle and check ligament desmitis.

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Gabino, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Gabino Active Member

The horse has desmitis in the check ligament desmitis origin.The vet infiltred him.I put a banana shoe.

moralz.JPG
  2. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

Gabino I notice that from what you post on here and facebook that you apply a lot of banana shoes. Do you see this as a long term shoeing protocol? If not, what do you when the horse has recovered? Do you try to get them back into normal shoes?

Thanks
  3. Offline

Gabino Active Member

Yes, I try get normal shoes if the horse is better of his disease.The most of the horses get plastic wedge during on or two cycles.Then,If the horse is better,I put the shoe curved only.If all goes good, the curvature is less and less until the plain shoe. But many horses are very diseased and they can't live without banana. It depends of each horse.

The most of the diseases of horses are misalignement of the Phalangial axis.Cause of I put much bananas (easy,fast,cheap and effective).

Example: What could be the alternative of banana in this case? NB shoe?,rock and roll shoe? onion heel more equipack or silpack? I don`t believe these shoes can raise up the horse.Perhaps the rocker shoe,but I found that shoe more difficult and less precise than banana.
  4. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

Thanks Gabino I love your interesting case studies.
  5. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Why did he need a banana and wedge on the right front?
  6. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Love your approaches Gabino!!!:)
  7. Offline

Gabino Active Member

The shoe only is not enough for to raise the heel and aligneate the phalangial axis.An aluminium compensated could be useful,but it's more expensive than a plastic wedge.