OCD lesion in the stifle.

Discussion in 'Shoeing Horses with Lameness Issues' started by Justin Decker, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

Jaye strikes me as someone like my early mentor. Christ it was bloody uncomfortable when he started on you.

Whatever I am now, I would be one helluva lot less had he not regularly applied the blowtorch to my belly.... and I tell you what, ask the right question and he would give out diamonds... it's just that they were all dressed up as lumps of coal. You had to polish it up yourself the derive the value.

On the other hand... our friend from OZ is quite another character altogether IMO.
  2. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

That's a sad fact of owning animals, My favorite bred mare that we just put down this spring was out of Dry Oil and by a Daughter of Rey Jay by a daughter of Leo. I think she had won around $46,000 in her 3 and 4 year old years then got a hind leg in a gate and wasn't sound enough to haul. We give more money than I want to say out loud and got to ride her maybe ten times then she was kicked in the hock by one of our other horses. We have two young ones coming up out of her and an 8 yr old that I posted a pic of on here cutting a while back so I'm glad we had the chance to own her.
  3. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

"OZ?" Where is that place? " For those who are not from around here"; PERFECT..
  4. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

Oz = Australia :)
  5. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Please, if the Shoe Gods are listening......!
  6. Offline

Steve Marshall Member

7. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

8. Offline

Steve Marshall Member

9. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

10. Offline

Platerforge Guest

11. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

12. Offline

Steve Marshall Member

13. Offline

ray steele Administrator

reading the last few posts, i'd suggest that folks start another thread if your not giving advice about OCDs.

I'll erase the posts that are way off topic.

ray
  14. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

who would have thought a Sunday evening could have been that exciting that it needed that much sweeping. Almost wish I wasn't out playing with my horses...
  15. Offline

Platerforge Guest

back to OCD's........you see this a lot in Standardbred racehorses. some have this condition and almost like they are born with it. seen it in a 2 yrs old.....they push a lot on these young bones....

also your hocks don't close till 4-4 1/2 yrs old..,..I was wondering how long for the stifles? knees are around 3-3 1/2 yrs old. to close.

Anyone to answer?
  16. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Stifles? A lifetime pard....