Outer hoof horn

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

"adept"
  2. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

Jack you anywhere near Kilmore ?
    Travis all the farriers i know certainly dont operate or act like you say , they all run sucessful practices and act properly
  3. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

I'm not a drunk, but I suck at business.
  4. Offline

jack mac Guest

No adapt. I'm already adept . I would only be modifying my behaviour & grammatical skills with no mucking about & going straight for the jugular .
  5. Offline

jack mac Guest

What are you classing as near distance wise ?

When not on a forum.:D
  6. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Hi Travis, I don't personally know any farriers who fit that description. There does seem to be a bunch of them on the internet.

I know farriers who drink, like me, in moderation. I don't know any who drink on the job. My guess is that they don't last very long. I know farriers who are poor businessmen, like me sometimes. And I know farriers who I consider incompetent, like me sometimes. But to characterize the whole profession as a bunch of incompetent drinking buffoons who don't know how to run a business is off the mark.

I would much rather have people associate the profession with someone like you, and judge the profession by what and how you post, than by Jacko's dung, which represents exactly the worst of farriers. He just drags the profession down, as well as ruining most every thread he posts in.

Regards
  7. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

If you had written that with poor spelling and grammar it would sound exactly like something Jack would say.
  8. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

In WHAt! weigh. Tommy.:LOL:
  9. Offline

Man, that's priceless. :ROFLMAO:
  10. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

What happened to debating and arguing farriers' methods and ideas? And not bashing someone personally? It's gotten to the point a long time ago that Jack's knowledge is deliberatly ignored in favor of bashing him. Or baiting him. Can ya'll stick to farriery?
  11. Offline

jack mac Guest

Western ever time you post a comment like that. Its not a shot at me mate!!; my English skills are fine when they need to be. ;) But it is a shot at Smithy Trav Red & a lot of others. Now if your shoeing knowledge & work was fantastic!. I'd have to say well boy's we best all just suck it up. But it isn't. Its only outstanding................. because your shoeing is crap. The jokes on you mate!!!!because you are the great shelf proclaimed English scholar who can't shoe a horse for shit. So from a Farrier rating prospective, where do you think it put you on the scale of importance's in what really matters.
  12. Offline

jack mac Guest

You really don't want to know that answer . Its quite possible to give someone as shallow as you a complex .
  13. Offline

Quote Rick: and judge the profession by what and how you post, than by Jacko's dung, which represents exactly the worst of farriers. He just drags the profession down, as well as ruining most every thread he posts in.

Rick, respectably, There are worse farriers here who drag the profession down-by not knowing what they're talking about, or covering their ineptitude by foul language and never offering a bit of solid good advice. Jack has his faults, but most of his advice is just as good as anyone elses. And his reason for being here is to share his knowledge, and believe me, some are listening.
    I mean this respectfully, as you, too, have good advice.
  14. Offline

So we now have horse owners judging and advising farriers. Ain't that a hoot?!!!
  15. Offline

No, I may have an opinion about PEople. An opinion that has nothing to do with judging or advising farriers. I have the uttermost respect for most of the farriers here. And most are confident enough to share what they know with someone who appreciates what they do.
  16. Offline

just passin through Member

Pat,i don't think you really understand,the hack part is 20 horses a day? You are really not as smart as you thought yuu were? now just stop it
  17. Offline

Whats wrong with that? Its done everyday.How is an owner suppose to pick their farrier?
  18. Offline

Tommy,who would ever of expected less of you,mr dirty underpants?
  19. Offline

jack mac Guest

Western here is some of my work. I promised the owners I would not show the before photos of the front hooves as they where much longer curled up & some horse owners may of found them distressing . But you will get a fair Idea from the hinds. This mini Shetland pony had been running wild in the highlands from a foal. It was only that it could no longer walk they where able to catch it. The pony had founded at some stage in the past.
    I'm leaving the Forum I'm spent with it so all the best. 169092_1249420251144_1743763_n.jpg

168582_1249419291120_5778173_n.jpg
  20. Offline

Jack,you and Pat should not make fun of each other, but work together. How much did you get for the job? You are a credit to this trade,i wonder what western thinks about this?..