Outer hoof horn

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Is that a useless post against useless posts, princess?
  2. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

And you had nothing to do with it?
  3. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I think you should have quoted the whole sentence Karen.

"I would much rather have people associate the profession with someone like you, and judge the profession by what and how you post, than by Jacko's dung, which represents exactly the worst of farriers. He just drags the profession down, as well as ruining most every thread he posts in."

I directed this to Travis. Quoting just part of the sentence changes my meaning.

Regarding the part I made bold in your post, I disagree. I think he is a fake. He fakes his communication skills to get attention, like a child. His shoeing skills are probably a myth. Maybe he is a "trimmer". Maybe he just posted a picture of someone elses work. We don't know who he is. To me, that all says FAKE.

Regards
  4. Offline

Sorry Rick. I didn't mean to change the meaning of your post. :)
  5. Offline

I just can't smile enough-Travis you do a better job making yourself look like an idiot than anyone else could.
  6. Offline

Platerforge Guest

tell me about it; lots of alcoholism in this business; and the owners put up with it.
  7. Offline

Platerforge Guest

correct then you go out and only trim and reshoe the one foot. sometimes it is do to an injury; had 2 cases of this in the past. founder in 1 foot; and injury to one hind leg- so long ago- measured too.
  8. Offline

Platerforge Guest

I would reshoe the horse and put it back into balance. Don't just tack on the shoe until the next shoeing schedule; because it needs to be done now.
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

the shank has to fit the shoe and the nail head has to fit tight in the shoe for that particular nail hole patterno_O
  10. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Can you show me a pic of a shoe with a V crease that would fit an E head or a crease with a straight outside and v'd inside?

Nordic shoes stay on just as well if not better than any of the top kegs today. I don't know of any nail that the head or shank fits it that shoe. It's not even close to fitting.
  11. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Russell dear; you know I don't shoe with nordic shoes.........:rolleyes:
  12. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

If you're having problems with your shoes staying on because your nails don't fit you might need to try them. Gas prices being as high as they are, who wants to carry around 200lbs of nails? ;)
  13. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

eric , you are argueing with yourself here , what are you on about ?
  14. Offline

Platerforge Guest

yeah, my cowboy boots have trouble staying on..........in this heat:giggle::LOL: