Outer hoof horn

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Offline

jack mac Guest

Maybe anther day mate . The Buffers chat line seems to be more of an interest. To the buffing crew .
  2. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

WOW DUDE! Guess U & I Have to have a Parlay! Family does'nt go well in the Public.........
  3. Offline

gary evans old and slow

fair 'nuff
  4. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

With good mecahnics and "other techniques" proper function and form will happen: if not. call a vaiblle, demonstrative vet. usually 3 sets to see results, Per the literature, "New Bolton", female researcher(can't recall song and verse). !" 10 days to two weeks will show application to be viable. If not; "Irreversabile lame.". not verifiable or can be scanned at this time. but holds some .........horse lame, 10 days later "100% sound" per vet clinical protocol. AAEP Standards. :whistle: ellwood 026.jpg
  5. Offline

jack mac Guest

View: http://youtu.be/w2SCPr6HqEU
  6. Offline

jack mac Guest

7. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

He posted pics somewhere a couple years ago. You really don't need a pic to understand how he shoe's though. He thinks all angles can be corrected with leaving heel and trimming the toe shorter, doesn't like course nails, has problems with shoes staying on due to sharp corners on nail heads......
  8. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

David, Osmosis!!! That's the word I'm looking for. I wonder if removing or buffing away the outer horn throws the osmosis balance out of whack?
  9. Offline

And, you are a very very salty guy!!!! :)
  10. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Thanks Bud! Typical, a deflection versus fact with added Aussie trying to make a bit of humor. How many years now? Yu'uns still drink out of the same can as tha 'Roo.......? really JacMO Is that all you got? You are becoming so boring it is not even funny or trying to be funny.......... cat1.JPG
  11. Offline

What is "dumping the toe"?
  12. Offline

just passin through Member

Its probably TUFF Stuff,its like fingernail polish.........................
  13. Offline

Why don't you go to Ancestry.com to make sure,nobody can go by your details?
  14. Offline

jack mac Guest

Eric when I was taught to make a shoe for a horse. I was taught to dress the hoof. Then measure the size of the hoof calculating in the length of heel I wanted on the shoe . Then I measure how much wall thickness I have to work with & fuller & stamp accordingly. Only a dill makes all his shoes course & hopes its going to fit up & nail on a thin walled horse or pony. You Fuller width in your shoe should correspond to the wall thickness as should your nails. What do you do Eric make all your shoes course & hope for the best. Because if that's how you go about it. Then plain & simple your a Dill. I have a photo on this PC filed as Eric's NB. was saved by my brother for a rainy day . Care to share your protocol with that shoe fit . ?
  15. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

I know you're the only one who shoes TB's and every one of them has thin walls. Just because you trim the toe short enough that you need fine nails which won't hold a shoe on with a sharp corner on a nail head is no reason to get so defensive. This method seems to have worked for you over the years and when it doesn't work it's a mineral problem.
  16. Offline

Eric,how do you determine what size nail you use? Do you use more E heads than city or regular heads? and what is the average length in the toes of the horses you do?
  17. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

what relevance is the nailhead when it comes to nailing on ?
  18. Offline

It is extremely relivant to a person who does not know the difference. I can't tell if you know or don't?
    I asked for erics opinion until he answers i don't want to talk about it............
    But you could get everybodys else's opinion?
  19. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

i stamp all my shoes for E head nails and cannot recall ever measureing toe length . what do you others do ?JPT if you only want one persons opinion why dont you pm them and leave the rest of us out of what appears to be another attempt by somebody to cause more disruption on a public thread
  20. Offline

Chris,i am sorry you are right and its my fault,just because you have a good point What would be cool is to let everybody answer,then we could determine who knows the most about nail sizing. You can't argue over that one? I would of thought that anybody that learned to shoe horses would have learned that when they first came out of any school or worked for somebody who knew the difference? How did you learn the trade?