plain stamped hand mades

Discussion in 'Horseshoeing Competitions and Handmade Horseshoes' started by Platerforge, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Neither. and you missed the point of what I was showing everyone and everybody.......You can discuss others work and all--- I guess you have become to think it is better to politically correct than to think for yourselves.
    I not a person that is easily impressed by anything.
  2. Offline

Platerforge Guest

I am never impressed by a circus act.
    It takes the brain with the eye and hand coordination just to make the forging possible; but when you starve the brain of eye and hand coordination and stimuli -via blindfolded- and use only with just feel and thur memory; the synapses in the brain can not function in preforming the task at hand.
  3. Offline

Platerforge Guest

A: flat spot and both were shaped to fit the left hind foot.
  4. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

[quote="Platerforge [/quote]

ps. I put on a 1 DF kerk hind and it fit perfectly to the shape of the hoof with just few taps to make an inside/outside b
    [/QUOTE]

It fit perfectly! :ROFLMAO:
  5. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Quick story:.......................................An American Indian Way.................................

20+ years ago, a lady called who had an very abused horse to shoe. No one would touch it and it already put people in the hospital, including it previous owner who had a rep for beating horses with chains. She finally got my number and for 2 hours cried on the phone she needed a farrier and that this horse was kind and intelligent. I said finally I would go and look at the horse and at the first sign of trouble; I would pack and leave. Agreed. I came out there, looked at the horse; and this horse just looked at me thur my spirit!
    I was fine as I picked up 4 feet; but when I went to get the chain shank; he started; she begged me to put away....I was not happy; but thought it was a good idea. I then got out my tools, got the shoes, went to put on my apron; that's all she wrote; he was breaking out into a great big sweat. well, apparently the previous owner tack on the shoes himself and tied up the horse and if he moved; beat him with a heavy duty chain. I put my apron down and he started to calm down a little; but he knew I was a shoer. I understood that he was what we call an "olde soul", so I took the time to reassure and work with him to trust and you have to become "friends" with the horse; as I was taught that horses are your brother in the spirit and animal world.
    This horse was extremely intelligent and very much an 'olde soul"; and I very calmly did get 4 shoes on him, and it took 4 hours; but they were on, without a chain, without a fight, and eventually by working with him, I was able to shoe him within an hour, and he would on command pick his feet for me; when I was ready.
    Then one day I was looking at him, and I knew he would founder within a year. Told the owner, she blew me off. He foundered the next year within the month that I had said. I felt this thur the horse hooves. You have to become one with the horse. When you understand this; you can change your shoeing to help the horse and the horse will tell you; but only if you have an open heart and open mind to the horse's spirit.
    This is something that can't be taught; your born with it.

You can have all the book learning in the world, all the degrees, all the WCF's dips, AFA cjf, te,ee,fe letters behind your name, the IUJH, BWFA, all the fancy tools, make the best forged shoes, have all the fancy stonewell truck bodies, be one of the best shoers in the world like DD.

But if you can't allow your heart to be open to the horse's spirit; then you can not listen to what they are trying to tell you. Sometimes they do try to tell how they need to be shod.
  6. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Neat story! What book is that from?
  7. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

I think Linda's got on the peyote!!!!!
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

In place of telling the owner old spot was gonna founder you should have talked to spot about eating to much or eating the wrong all the wrong stuff..if yall where chit chating he would have understood..
  9. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

I'm not impressed by someone that won't wear chaps, takes 4 hours to shoe a horse and has magic hands to the month. I don't impress easy.

I was told when your in a hole stop digging.

Linda, since no one else can see the horse we give the last farrier the benefit of not saying its wrong with nothing to compare it . I shutter to think what you told the owners about the previous job to keep the client. Did you ever think of just calling the guy to say "hey they don't like plain stamp shoes". In my area we try to help each other. Not stab each other in the back.
  10. Offline

gary evans old and slow

perhaps it's the two bottles of "fursty ferret". but I can't see the relevance of that lot... I even read it twice :(
  11. Offline

Marc Jerram FdSc AWCF www.thefarrier.co.uk

Fancy coming to work in England? I can find you lots of horses like that. We can be like Monty Roberts and Kelly Marks!
  12. Offline

david a hall Moderator

There is no question in the above statement.
    I think that I moderate in a fairly conservative fashion and am sensitive to peoples feelings on any subject. I look at the ethics of the situation, and if they APPEAR! to not be fair then I will say something either as you know through pm or direct.
    You are the only one in possession of the facts, and in every body's mind you have not presented them properly or plausibly or ethically.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Per the "diatribe" I am in agreement through the BS. Horses tell ya everything about them. "Hear what ya see; see what ya hear." Cherokee/Irish proverb......
  14. Offline

Platerforge Guest

15. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

For anyone interested, I think she means "Beautiful Jim Key", by Mim Eichler Rivas. It is a good read, Linda, (and Jaye) but sheesh.

Regards
  16. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away a young man and two droids struggle to make the world a better place.
    but they faced an evil empire that was bent on controlling the universe. But he used the Force and found his sister and together that help to save the universe. his sister went on to marry his best friend. And they found their father who is only a head.In the end though several books later only the droids survived.

I learned a lot from these books as a child. None of which help me shoe horses
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

More like Monty Python and Jane Hathaway.... :)
  18. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

mmmm, lots of verbage from peeps that "JUST PUT SHOES ON HORSES".
  19. Offline

Platerforge Guest

here you pick a part My hand made pattern shoes
  20. Offline

Platerforge Guest