Prefixes (tags)

Discussion in 'Announcements and Forum Help' started by Eric Russell, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

I set up a notice at the top of the horse owners section. When you're logged in you can see it. Let me know what you think and if anything needs to be changed.

Also, when horse owners create threads in the lameness section and conformation section there will be tags (prefixes) to choose from. So if they have a horse with a quarter crack the give the thread the prefix, quarter crack. When someone visits the site looking for info on quarter cracks they can click the tag and all threads about quarter cracks will appear.

So, if I can get some help from you guys. I need to create the prefixes. If you guys could come up with common prefixes that will be used for lameness and conformation issues that would be great.

• club foot
    • quarter crack
    • navicular.............
    We just need a good base to start with and more can be added as needed.

If anyone is interested in being a moderator let me know. Most people won't add a prefix or will choose the wrong one, moderators can set the prefix with a couple clicks of a button.
  2. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Adding to the list . . .

laminitis
    founder
    thrush
    under-run heels
    abscess
    corns
    white line disease
  3. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Nice..how about common conformational issues people will post about?

Eric Russell
  4. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I don't think many horse owners know what varus and vulgus mean. ;) Maybe just have a "conformation" tag?

also . . .
    forging
    interfering
    over reaching
    lost shoes