Razor horseshoes??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gary Hill, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Chris and Doyle were each introduced in the text in the video as a Master Farrier. I wondered if that was from the BWFA as they're the only organization that I know who has that title.
  2. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Doyle was Matlock Roses Farrier for many years .. he shod alot of great horses for him I know.
  3. Offline

Chris Wagner New Member

Hi Guys, sorry been swamped with work after taking time off for summit. My apologies the master farrier title this was not my idea. This was a simple edit mistake made by film producers. Doyle is a certified master farrier, this came back from the association of Texas before there was a national cert. They also made the mistake of stating Doyle shod Dash ta Fame, this is also incorrect as Doyle shod Dash for Cash, again film producer error. There are some minor errors in the video because it was a rough draft. The video went viral before the edits where made, my apologies. I personally partner with Doyle every monday to work on Ted Turner's halter barn. He is very well but does not shoe anything, he simply loves to be a part of it, truly a great man. So I will go on record, I am not a certified master farrier nor do I claim to be. I work in North Texas with my own clientele as well as do all the podiatry work for Equine Medical Associates which is the practice of Dr. John McCarroll.
    Yes we all know barrel racers tend to sometimes latch on to fads, we are not trying to make this a fad.
    My statement is that this is another shoe to put in our tool boxes that will work for some and not others. Awesome responses and glad to see so many intelligent people getting together to debate.
  4. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Chris what a top reply.
  5. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Chris,
    Thanks for the reply. Makes it clear and lends credibility. I know if I worked with a film company I'd have them use all kinds of special effects for my on screen appearance.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Chris,

thanks for the clarifications.

it was my pleasure to meet you at the Summit.

It was i that asked Conny to remove the video when he 1st replied to questions about the shoes by posting the video itself and posting a reply, my reason was that it was advertisement and if folks are gonna advertise they should be willing to pay for it...that said, i would think that the folks responsible for the product should be responsible for the truth being told in the advertising, can you direct me to the corrected version of the video? it has been a couple of weeks since the link was posted, i would think that if you can come here to correct the misinformation,as a spokesman, than others, who do not read these post should be afforded the same corrected info in the same way .

This is not in anyway a slam, promo, or anything else about the shoes, but it sure causes me concern that a lot more effort seems to have been put into making a video with false info in it than was put into correcting admittedly known mistakes.......Please pass these comments on to the powers that hold the purse strings.

Regards

Ray
  7. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

whats the thing about the Master farrier bit
    and who's a master farrier and who's not in your eyes?
    anybody
  8. Offline

Donnie Walker Member

To the best of my knowledge, here in the USA, only the Guild of Professional Farriers and the BWFA have certification levels containing the word "Master". You can view the requirements on their individual websites.
  9. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

How much does a pair of these shoes cost?
  10. Offline

Chris Wagner New Member

M.A.P. price (minimum advertised price) retail will be(deleted by Ray) for shoes and (deleted by Ray) for pads.
    Deleted by Ray
  11. Offline

Michael Allen Champion spokesman for UK toolmaker!

Gary, I really like apples. I eat one or two every day. I won the last local horse shoeing contest I went to. Naturally, because of the apples. No other reason I think, we all practice. So it had to be the apples. Other guys noticed how I won and started to eat the same number of apples everyday. The only thing for me to do was open an apple stand. Things were going great until the next contest. The guy that won was eating Bannanas of all things. Never even touches apples. Now I am buying bannanas like a mad man, and cant sell an apple to save my life......
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Chris,

I consider the quoted post, while an answer to a question, ADVERTISING by you,I think it unfair to do so !

Ray
  13. Offline

Chris Wagner New Member

Ray,
    You are correct, I've never done forums before therefore I am unaware of the rules of etiquete. I was unaware this was on anyone's dime and just intended to answer a question. My apologies. So if anyone has any questions pertaining to the products contact myself or Conny directly.

Chris
  14. Offline

Chris do you have any pics of front and hind with these shoes on feet ?
  15. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

Why was the video in my post deleted?
  16. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

Ray said it was advertising

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  17. Offline

Eric Russell Active Member

That's just dumb! The thread was started by Gary hill. I posted the video. The video was directly related to the topic. If the video is advertising then this thread is advertising and should be deleted. WTF?
  18. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Eric,

in post #16 Conny posted the video, I called him and asked him to remove it because I deem it advertising, and he did, subsequently I deleted the video anytime it came up, that may be just dumb but that s the way it is, the thread has been informative and there is a link in Conny s post to the video.

Ray
  19. Offline

We could say then everybody is Advertising in some shape or form.
    i say i drink Guinness is that advertising should that be deleted?
  20. Offline

ray steele Administrator

John,
    i suppose it could be, but I think it would be a statement of fact, that is if I believe you ,that you drink Guinness, and I have no reason to believe otherwise since I ve never known you to be anything other than honest. The video we are talking about was posted by a person who has a direct financial relation with a product, i deemed it advertising by the shoe manufacturer.

I ve figured that since I put in the cash, Andre, the time, David, the time, and I believe time is cash, if other folks want to advertise or promote their products here ,they can help out, or buy advertising someplace else. We have not stopped the discussion of the product that Gary asked about!

So what is your point?

Regards

Ray