Recommended Books

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, May 30, 2012.

1. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

I'm gonna have to get back on ADHD meds; anatomy is brutal on me.
  2. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

LOL, I've actually got the DVDs that come with this series. There are 4 of them. A former client gave them to me before she moved away. She said they were over her head and didn't want to pack them. The one on disection is actually worth having if you can fine it cheap enough. "The Equine Hoof Exposed, a Dissection".

Regards
  3. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I have the book and the whole DVD series. I wanted to try the hoof casting tape. When I ordered the casting tape, KC sent me the book and DVDs along with it. I have DVDs are out on loan to somebody - can't remember who.
  4. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Thank god you forgot whom you loaned it to...because I don't know but I heard it was in the truck when the repoed it and never to been seen agian ..just best guess..
  5. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

"The Lame Horse" is a remedial version of the works of Dr. Rooney; "Biomechanics of Lameness in the Horse", "Mechanics of the Horse" ,"Equine Pathology" and others. The "Good Doctor" was a dear friend and teacher with varied expereinces in teaching and writing from New Bolton, University of Kentucky, and the lab in Maryland where infectious diseases are tested for the military(the name escapes me).
    he was an equine pathologist.
    Used to take him and Audrey to dinner on the Eastern Shore when I was servicing customers in Maryland years ago. We would also sit in his study and throw hypotheticals and theories at each other with passion. He enjoyed the 25 yr old Glenlevet i would bring to parlay with.....:cool: 95A.jpg
  6. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Thankyou Mr. Perry. Glenlevet is good stuff I hear. If I find "Mechanics of the horse" it might be better to start with that. I will be reading the book I ordered, if need be I'll have to read it more slowly. Thanks
  7. Offline

Thanks for the recommendation on the Rooney Lameness book. I've read a few chapters and it's just the kind of book I was looking for.
  8. Offline

Rusty jack of all trades.....master of none

I would like to know how many farriers didn't start as "horse owners"? If nothing else, an indepth book can let you know just how far over your head a topic is....or not. Karen,if you got the $140 to spend go for it. Beats fiction IMO.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Offline

Actually, I got a used one pretty cheap. And I'm liking it.
    Thanks , Rusty