Shoelng in Missouri

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by monty.styron, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

Probably the last time I will have to fight this kind of traffic on the way to work IMG_20150206_092451_020.jpg
  2. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

Don't worry, there's lots of wildlife to hit on the road in MO but you probably won't want to eat it.
  3. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Why not? When I lived there the locals loved that stuff.
  4. Offline

oppossum? armidillos? biggest rats I've ever seen
  5. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

And in the spring, thousands of turtles.
  6. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

And don't forget the coyotes and snakes.

Regards
  7. Offline

Possom ,turtle and snake . Sounds like gumbo to me:)
  8. Offline

Sheesh if your a litte slow anounce that your moving. %$&3 phones ben ringing off the hook all month . Lol if i had known going out of buisness was this good for buisness ide have done it years ago :)
  9. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

Don't get to "town" much do ya?

If "going out of business" didn't work, furniture stores would literally HAVE to go out of business.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Offline

pritty mutch a two holer ,dosent wake up with me and rolles up the streets befor i end my day:)
  11. Offline

Jack Evers Active Member

Monty, I have a neighbor that moved out from Va a couple years ago. When it got down to the wire and sales were slow he just loaded his flatbed, set it out front and put a sign on it"everything but the trailer is free for the taking". Saved several trips to the dump -- people would take almost anything that was free.
  12. Offline

Jack Evers Active Member

I did my Basic training there at Ft Leonard
    Wood (spring 1961), Glad I didn't leave anything to go back for.
  13. Offline

My oldest boys SF, calls it fort lost in the woods
  14. Offline

Jack Evers Active Member

I can understand that. Went on bivouac the first week of April, Army declared April 1 to be summer, issued summer gear including summer sleeping bags - basically a blanket with a zipper. Mother nature hadn't gotten the word that it was summer. Tough week in the woods.
  15. Offline

Patrick New Member

Saved this clip from the Wall Street Journal - figured it applied to the farrier business also:

Where Mr. Hassankola comes from -- Tehran -- the game is played without price tags, a style common in carpet bazaars from Delhi to Marrakech. In the West, an astronomical price tag is often a fiction; slashing it is a way to let buyers believe they're getting a discount. Price tag or not, it's the sellers who always know where a rug comes from, how old it is, how good it is, and how much it cost them.

Except for connoisseurs, the only thing most buyers know is what they "love." A seller can size up a buyer and decide what he's likely to pay. In business school, it's called "price discrimination." Mr. Hassankola has learned that lesson: He went to business school in Switzerland. When he finished, in 1991, he took a job in a Zurich rug warehouse.

The smell -- barnyard and mothballs -- stirred memories of his grandfather's rug store. That was all he knew of the trade, but he had studied the beauties of going bust. Zurich was known as a trading post for wealth escaping Iran in the guise of carpets. They were piling up in fixed-price shops. Mr. Hassankola hooked up with one of them, packed it with stock and advertised an emergency shutdown.
    The place stayed open for months and "made tons of money," he says, adding: "If a store is closing forever, people believe they can squeeze you. It is the power of words." Mr. Hassankola says he reprised his act in Zurich four times, then opened a store of his own there and went out of business in 1999.
  16. Offline

Nearly the oppisent in this case Patrick. Allost all have tipped some way above and beond . As i said befor i have a great bunch of clients.
  17. Offline

gary evans old and slow

My friend once told me that when he worked in a medical supply company years ago, they replaced a large refrigerator and since the old unit was still in good order, they put it outside with a "free" notice on it. After a week or so, it still stood untaken so they put a "for sale" notice on it. With 24 hours it had been stolen. ..
    :)
  18. Offline

Final barn tue.and i will be truly unemploied for the first time in twenty three years. A few mor trips to the scrap yard ,put a cluch in the ol dodge and clean up so my place can go on the market and were on our way . Last barn has ben on my books for years think im going to miss there horses more then most of my clients ,owner ,trainer and groom are dear friends so it seamed rite to end with them. Its easy to get calus in this indrustry ,dwell on the bad horses/clients ,getting hurt but looking back the good far out dose the bad. If i could go back i wouldent change a dam thing !! I have my share of scares but man do i have some stories to tell. LOOK OUT M.O yon comes the horsemen :)
  19. Offline

best of luck, remember MO is the "Show Me" state
  20. Offline

gary evans old and slow

good luck with the move Monty!